Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communiaction between two applications

former_member1193316
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you gus please guide me how to call another application in current application. and also i want to pass values from current application to calling application. its very urgent for me. explain me how to all application(webdynpro)

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1193316
Participant
0 Kudos

Guys,

please guide me. till now i didnt got any reply

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

You could call the other applications through URLs and open in an another window if the second application is also a Webdynpro app.Here the class method will fetch you the URL of the application.You need to provide only the application name.

Thanks

Anzy

Data:lv_url type string.

CALL METHOD cl_wd_utilities=>construct_wd_url

EXPORTING

application_name = 'MyApplication'

IMPORTING

out_absolute_url = lv_url.

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

And also , you could append the URL parameters with the URL

concatenate lv_url '?' OBJECTGUID '=12345' into lv_url.

Then you could open this URL in the same view using IFRAME or in a different window using

lo_ext_win = lo_window_manager->create_external_window(

url = lv_url

title = lv_title ).

lo_ext_win->open( ).

Hope this answers you question,

Thanks

anzy

former_member1193316
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anzy

ThankQ Very much for ur reply.

Here i m having a table with list of value and a button names as "get". By selecting a perticular row in a table, when i click on button, it should open anothe application which is having the more details about the selected row in the table. that means v need to pass these values to that application. this this how to do it

ur answer will give more weight to me

thanks

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

When you select a row in your table , the entire row will be accessable through the lead selection, which means that you will get all the attributes and values.

Now you are goin to call a different webdynpro application which shows the details of this specific row.For this i dont think you need to pass all the data to the next application , you need to pass only the key data.For example consider the below table.

Table Students

Student_ID

Student_Name

Student_Maths_Marks

Student_English_Marks

In this table , the key field is the student ID , which means that , if you have the Student_id , you can get the details anywhere you want.

So in the same manner , when you are calling the second application .You need to pass the key values to the second application through URL.

Let us assume that , i have created the second application , and in the DEFAULT plug of window of the application i have specified one parameter,student_id.Which means that , we need to pass the Student_id when i call this application.

Let my Second application name be DTLS.

With the WD_UITILITIES class mentioned in my previous post, i will get the URL for the application and with that URL , i will append student_id as a parameter.

concatenate lv_url '?' 'STUDENT_ID=' stud_id into lv_url.

Now you can call that URL directly.

Thanks

Anzy

former_member1193316
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anzy,

i hav followed the same which u mentioned in first msg for to call other application. but its not calling any other application as well is not throughing any error.

wats wrong with me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also followed the following code for calling the other application from

one application.but i can't able to call the other application with the help of following code.even though i am not getting any error after executing my application.

Data:lv_url type string.

CALL METHOD cl_wd_utilities=>construct_wd_url

EXPORTING

application_name = 'MyApplication'

IMPORTING

out_absolute_url = lv_url.

<b>Can any body give me the detail idea for calling the other application,from one application.</b>

Regards,

Ravi

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

This method will only get you the URL for the next application..Please tell me how you are calling the second application.

If possible please write the code.

Thanks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks 4 u'r immediate rply, In my application i have one table and button.

After selecting the row in the table,if i click the button,i need to pass the selected value in the table to the new application.

Actually In the Button "On Action" i mentioned your code for calling the new application.

<b> Can you gude me,how to call the new application by clicking the button.</b>

Eagerly awaiting your feed back.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mohammed,

I have tried by calling the method as u said aboce to calla any application from within a WDA application. But its not triggering the event and hence not calling the application.

Could you please guide me how to call a application within another wda application.

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

former_member1193316
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now i can able to call another application in my view. but i didnt used URL for to call other application. i hav been used navigation links to call other application of wbdynpro. But i didnt get how to pass the parameters to the calling application. /how to do that, guide me....

thanks in advance,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi , venkat

you can use url parameter to send the parameter to others ,

The limitation for the url parameter is that the length is no longer than 2038 in IE .

shwetars
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

if you are using navigation links then you can pass parameters through the outbound plugs.

at the time of creation of the outbound plug you can specify the parameters you wish to pass. This you need to capture in the HandleDefault method of the called application window.

Regards,

Shweta

former_member1193316
Participant
0 Kudos

how to capture the values in handledefualt method. please give me some sample code

thanks in advance

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am also facing same problem i am having a POWL at portal where multiple items are listed. user can select single or multiple rows and press a button here. on pressing of button i am opening a web dynpro application in new window using OBN(Object Based Navigation).

now my problem is to transfer multiple items from POWL to Web Dynpro Application.

any help or link is appriciated.

thanks in advance

Regards

shwetars
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

the handle_action method of the POWL feeder has a changing parameter C_SELECTED which returns the list of items selected by the user, this you can pass to the the E_PORTAL_ACTIONS-PARAMETERS exporting parameter of the handle_action method.

the data passed is in the form of a key value pair, so you might have to read the C_SELECTED internal table first and then a build another internal table of type POWL_NAMEVALUE_TTY with key value pairs, through which you can fetch details pertaining to each row in the called application.

the called application's handleDefault method also needs to accept this data in the same format.

Regards,

Shweta