cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching and Merging Qualified fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to match and merge fields in a qualified table.

Eg: Have to match the Street, City(Yes Qualifier) in the Qualified table Address.

Have created the transformation, rule and startegy on these fields.

When I execute the strategy, i'm able to see the scores and class.

But in the "Merge" tab only fields of Main table are visible. I'm not able to see the required Address table fields and hence not able to make the decision on which field should be merged.

How do i execute this scenario?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ketan,

Basically you can perform matching and merging only on Main table and not on qualified tables; and if you have to match any qualified lookup field in the main table then it should be an qualifier field(i.e. the qualified option should be YES),

And while matching the records of a qualifier field when the values matches it shows only the display fields of the qualified table not the qualifier fields as already they have the same value you don't require them again.

I couldn't understand the structure you gave above, but i will take this example

Qualified table(Price)

field_Name Displayfiled Qualifiedfield

Price Yes No

Quantity Yes No

Currency No YES

Main table(Products)

field_Name Type

Product Text

Price Look-up(Price)

now the values in main table

Product Price

cream 05 | 10 | Rs

Cloth 10 | 05 | $

Pen 20 | 02 | Rs

Pencil 02 | 02 | Rs

now you write a rule using the price lookup qualifier field.

it will show cream , pen and pencil as matching.

you can now merge as

___________ cream Pen Pencil

___________ 05 | 10 20 | 02 02 | 02

now you can select the product any one of those there and price any one of those three but as the currency qualifier field is same for all; its not displayed nor is it showed over here.

If the scenario is different form this which you require; please let me know, but the common scenario is the same.

Regards,

CHARAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario i'm working with is Vendor address qualified table. I have written a rule for identifying the duplicates based on Vendor name. The output of this is two duplicate records:

ABC Corp and ABC.

The Vendor main table has a Address qualified table whose structure is:

Field | Qualifier

IsAddressStd: No (Boolean)

Street Yes

PO Box Yes

State Yes

The data in the above two duplicates is:

Record | IsAddressStd | Street |PO Box | State

ABC Corp | Yes | 10 West | 400703 | IL

ABC | Yes | 10th West| 400707 | IL

The merged record should have

ABC Corp | Yes | 10th West| 400703 | IL

i.e. I want to pick PO Box field of first record and Street field of second record in the merged record.

But my problem is,i cannot see the values of qualified table after identifying the duplicates. Hence until and unless i'm able to see these values in the matching pane, i cannot decide which value to select from qualified table in merged record.

We can only see the values of Main table fields like Name1, Name2. hence we can easily compare these value of duplicates and simply double-click them to put in the merged record.

How do we do this for Qualified table?

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also tried the scenario mentioned by you; I think this is not possible; What i believe here is if you take any display and non qualifier field of an qualified table in the rule we define then we get only those display fields in Merge tab; In other case if we select any field from the main table then these fields do not appear.

What i assume is that being a qualifier fields which are like passing dynamic value; MDM does not support your scenario currently; let hope next versions of this will be help full.

Regards,

CHARAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys...

Any suggestions on the same?

How do i match n merge Yes-Qualifier fields?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ketan,

The Qualified table data has no value without knowing which main record the qualifier data is connected to. So the matching scenario should be run on the main record and then when 2 records match, you will be able to merge the Qualified data. You will have the option to ignore, replace, or append the qualified data when merging the 2 main records.

I hope this helps.

Kristin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristin,

Consider the case of Address qualified table.

System | Vendor Name | Street | City | State | Country |

R/3 | ABC | N.West| Berkly | IL | US

SRM | ABC Corp.| | NW Street| Beerkly| IL |US

Street, City, State, Country are fie;ds of Address qualified table.

I applied the matching strategy on Vendor Name and these two records were shown as duplicate.

I want the following to be data in merged table

ABC Corp. | NW Street| Berkly| IL |US

i.e. I want one field from 1st recod and another from 2nd. My problem is that since i'm not able to see the values of qualified fields in the results f matching, i'm not able to pick-n-choose the reqd fields.

Plz suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Katan,

The matching and merge process will allow you to set, append, or replace qualified records when merging main records. Pleas give me more details about how the qualified table it setup. What are the non-qualified and qualified fields? Also, tell me what is your main table? I then maybe able to comment more.

Kristin