cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Members,

I come accross a scenario where I need to include 2 -3 simple mappings need to be included in one mapping. For example, Activities and activity elements are mapped first. Then these mappings are included into higher level mappings such as WBS element mappings and thus finally Project header. Is it possible via XI? If yes, then how?

I am waiting for your answers. olution will be awarded with points.

Regards,

Sugata Basu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also you can export the mapping as MTE files in the mapping editor. MTE files can be opened up in any text editor/ xml editor and the mapping can be changed and imported back

This you do this by right clicking on the mapping editor while pressing Ctrl+shift key

regards

krishna

Message was edited by:

Krishnamoorthy Ramakrishnan

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sugata Basu,

You can executing mapping programs in sequence by specifying the mapping programs in Interface Mapping. The mapping programs can be Message Mapping, XSLT, Java or ABAP. The output of one mapping program will be used as input to the next mapping program in the sequence.

In Interface mapping you can have mapping programs in sequence .

e.g.

Interface 1 --> Mapping 1, Mapping 2 .... --> Interface 2

Check this weblog from michal (only you see how to use 2 mappings in interface mapping):

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/01/xi-xml-node-into-a-string-with-graphical-mapping

Cheers...

Vasu

<b>** REward POints if found useful **</b>

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sugata,

Does all the Activity element/activities/WBS element/Project header belongs to same Interface or each of them belongs to diff.Interfaces.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Interface shld be same. If you have solution for both then you can share with us.

Sugata

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sugata,

If the interface is same then achieve in the same message mapping,why u want three diff.mappings. If you give us the structure, it will be easy for us to suggest.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One option is to use an XML editor to edit the XSD (by exporting the XSD) and include the mappings that you need

regards

krishna