Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Installation of Ecc 5.0 and License Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution Manager:- In Laptop's external harddisk

Ecc 5.0 :- To install in Laptop's internal (Main) Harddisk

Is it possible to install ECC 5.0 from the Solution manager key generated(Which will be present in external Harddisk attached to Laptop) in the main internal disk of Laptop?

And also is it possible to register SAP IDES systems in SAP service Market place?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running on Solution Manager 4.0. I generated solution manager key for upgrade from 4.6C to ECC 6.0. After which, we had to delete the solution manager installation and perform a re-install. But, this had no effect on the ECC 6.0 upgrade. In my understanding the Solution Manager Key has been introduced only to increase the Solution Manager Sales.

Answering your other question on registration, yes, as other have previously explained, it is possible to register SAP IDES systems in the service market place.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivekananda,Dangeti and SAP007. Your information helped me a lot.

Could you please let me know the procedure for Registering IDES system in Service Market Place?

Thanks for the information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

solman key is independent of system wether itis in network or not

once you generate the key (assuming the sid and instance number)

this key is valied only for that sid and instance number and host

comming to the other question in market place you have option to register the system as ides system

apart from test,demo,qas,prd.....

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dharan,

All you need to generate Sol Man Key is SID,Instance Number and Hostname.

Turn on your Sol man using external disk generate the Sol Man key using above information.

When you start the installation of ECC 5.0 see to it SID, Instance Number and Hostname are same.

Once you install this then when you request for permanent license key your SAP IDES will be resgitered at SAP service market place.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek