cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable a printer which was offline for long time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our printers has not been used for a long time and was set to be permanently offline. Due to the need of printing, the printer was enabled. It is powered on (and can also be disabled and enabled) but is unable to print.

Is there anything in SAP to check to see why it is failing to print?

I have tried to check the status of this printer with other printer which is working fine. There is no difference in between their settings.

The spool requests are waiting to be printed. I would like to check the ip addresses of the printers. Is it possible to find them through SAP. My O/S is Unix.

Please help me to find the IP addresses of printers attached through SAP and I will try to check them first.

Thanks

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Check SPAD -> output devices

Check thats the printer is properly setup and it been handled by and active spool server, check that the printer ip-address is correct and the right method is in place.

You can find the ip address of the printer by doing a ping <name of the printer> in a command prompt.

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have removed and recreated the printer.

Thanks to everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

The options you have mentioned looks fine in ECC 5.0. But, the issue I have explained occured in SAP 3.1I

I know it is a very old version of SAP and is hard for you to think about the options in it. Please guide me with instructions if you have any idea about this version.

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

This link may help you to resolve.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/d9/4a956e51ea11d189570000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Reward point if helpful.

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I have a new IP address for the same printer, how can I change it in SAP?

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Goto SPAD-> Output Devices-> Select printer and change properties

In Hostspoolaccmethod tab change the value ip address of Destination host.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Ganesh