cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macros Generation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I m a fresh Demand Planning User,hence very eager to know how Macros are written.

I m aware of how to Read the Macros,Basic concepts of demand Planning are clear but would like to understand some basic steps reqd for Macros Creation also some Do's & Dont's would be Helpful.

I will be trying the Macros in Development Server followed by quality & then only Production System.

With Warm Regards,

Vishal Pandya.

APO-Deamand Planning,

Kansai Nerolac Paints Ltd.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Macros are used to perform complex calculations quickly and easily.

It is executed either directly by the user in interactive planning or automatically at a predefined point in time during a background job. Stock level and days' supply macros are also delivered with the standard SNP planning books.

There are differenent Tpyes of Macro's such as:

1. Default

2. Level Change

3. Start

4. Exit

Start macro executes when you load data into Interactive Planning table from the shuffler selection. Default macro executes whenever you hit enter, save data in Interactive planning table. So typically a default macro executes much more than a start macro (ideally once in a session).

In case you have a heavy (many steps) macro see if it makes sense to run as Start rather than a default macro. That should improve performance of interactive planning.

Tcode : /SAPAPO/ADVM

Regards,

Siva.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vishal...Macros can be very helpful in many situations like for calculation of some keyfigures , generation of alerts etc...u can also attach a custom defined function module and call it in a macro...

take a look into the below link for knowldege on Macros...

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/17/a5216532a111d398260000e8a49608/frameset.htm">Macro</a>

-PV