cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI2.0 to PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Good Day,at the moment we having XI2.0 system and client want to upgrade to PI 7.0 .first of all is this upgrading is going to work with old interfaces.if yes what are the steps we have to take to upgrade from 2.0 to 7.0 and what type of issues we going to face while upgrading .please provide me some documentation..

thanks for your time.

Regards

Krish..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

From start release XI 2.0, however, you first have to migrate to XI 3.0. To migrate from an existing XI 2.0 system, you must install XI 3.0 in parallel (on the same server or on another server) and migrate the content in a second step. This helps to reduce downtime and therefore smoothes the transition to the higher version.

The migration of content from an XI 1.0 installation directly to XI 3.0 or XI 7.0 is not supported.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/55a1e525-0c01-0010-ad85-e4d5862f...

vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth and Sridhar,

thanks for u r replies .according to information you provided me saying that we have to upgrade XI 2.0 to 3.0 first then PI 7.0 .

XI2.0-----XI3.0-----PI7.0

other wise is there anyway that we can for directly from XI2.0 to PI 7.0...

XI2.0----

PI 7.0

please give me some inputs for this....

regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

The migration of content from an XI 1.0 installation directly to XI 3.0 or XI 7.0 is not supported.

Refer Ints Guide 2004s..

vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

But my system is on XI 2.0,is it possible to migrate 2.0 to 7.0 directly ..

regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no direct upgrade path to NW2004S...XI 2.0 to PI 3.0

vasanth

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use search before posting unecessary questions.

The exact same question was addressed a couple of days ago.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks everyone ..

thanks for your time..

Former Member
0 Kudos