cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process LSMW in Background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I've a requirement wehere i've to process the LSMW in background, the recording is not possible through SHDB as it gives error & exit out.

Please let me know the method where i can execute the LSMW with all internal step in background.

Let me know the steop & procedure to execute the above

Thanxs in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeev,

If you are choosing SESSION method for migrating data using LSMW, in the 13 step you create SESSION, for precessing session you execute 14 th step then it will automatically place cursor in SM35( SESSION) here you follow these steps.

1) select the SESSION which was you created.

2) here you find option for processing SESSION, from that you choose BACKGROUND.

3) it willl display screen with required field, like date, time.

or

The LSMW usually has 3 or 4 steps of execution:

1) Read Data

2) Convert Data

3) Generate a Session / Process the converted file or session (These two are separate steps for a LSMW with BDC session).

If you want to schedule a job:

A) The first two steps need the Files on Application Server. You must use App Server files in the Specify Files and Assign Files steps.

B) The LSMW should preferably not be BDC session based. You will lose the benefit of scheduled processing, as the LSMW and Session will be two separate schedules. Sychronizing these and tracking the Sessions may be difficult.

C) You need to note down the ABAP program names for the three steps and create the relevant variants.

D) Then, schedule the three programs in a single job in that sequence.

or

You can run/schedule program /SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_INTERFACE for scheduling any LSMW object as a job.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naveen,

I am going through the 3rd option.I found it fine and perfect for my application.Can you help me how to schedule program /SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_INTERFACE for scheduling any LSMW object as a job.

To run the entire job in background I thought of making BDC program by making ZLSMW as Tcode for it.But the Batch input folder creation and session process in not being carried out.

Can u please help.Your reply awaited.

Regards

Puja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To create a batch input session.

1. Create a variant for program '/SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_INTERFACE'. Make sure that you check the checkbox 'Create Batch Input Session' under parameters for some Batch Input/Direct Input Programs and provide values for all other relevant fields. Scedule the program '/SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_INTERFACE' with variant.

or

Create variant for report 'RFBIDE00' and schedule the same with variant for creating Batch Input Session

You will have to process the session from SM35.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sanjeev give your mail id.

regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I will be glad to know this as well

sapsdap@gmail.com

Warm Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

my emailid is sanjupc@yahoo.com.

Reagrds

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srinu

can u send me the same to my id

krishnakishore.sap@gmail.com

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev Pallan / Amrish / Kishore,

Sent Mail.

Reward points if it helps

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sirini. I am same situation. I have been asked to schedule LSMW job in Background mode. Can you please email me the step and how to setup procedure for this.

Thanks.... <REMOVED>