cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to copy all namespaces from one software component version to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to make a new software component version of the same procuct in the integration builder(DESIGN),

how can i do that,

i mean to say, after making it in SLD, and importing it into design, how can i copy all the name spaces present in the previous software component version into the new software component version

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create new namespaces inside this new component (they have to be the same as namespaces in the old software component)

Then you can do your Release transfer. All objects from this old software component will be transfered to the new one

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e8/e8573ba5f13048be50532fc3fcea9c/content.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. you need to copy them manually (just names)

to your new software component

2. then you can use <b>Release transfer</b> from direcotry menu

to copy all objects

from your old namespace to your new namespace

BTW

(namespaces in old and new must have the same names of course)

this is the fastest and proper way

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks michal and Dava,

one query, if we make a software component version A1.0 and A1.1 in my development system, but only software component version A in production, can i transport SWCV A1.1 of development to SWCV A1.0 of production system

.....is it possible, and how to do it

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible

U can do this using XI transport mechanism

1. Using file system

2. Using CMS

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f85ff411-0d01-0010-0096-ba1...

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/28/xi-software-logistics-solution-iii-cms

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

K remember while transporting only active objects can be transported and if the object you want to transport is not active then last active version will be transpoted.

While transporting design objects prerequisite the s/w comp version has to be same.

Go through this it will answer every issue

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/93/a3a74046033913e10000000a155106/content.htm">TRANSPORTING XI OBJECTS</a>

*CORRECT IF I AM WRONG*

Cheers,

<b>*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF FOUND USEFULL*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

let me put my question more clear...

in development system i have for a software comp, versions A and B,

but in production we have for that software comp, only version B,

can i transport A in development to B in production

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if it would be possible (with some workaround), I don't know if that is a good idea.

Your product would have different version names for each system in what it is installed, not a very good approach.

No problem in having 1.1 in Production.

Regards,

Henrique.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>can i transport A in development to B in production </i>

No. As far as understood, u want to transport say SWC1.0 in development to SWC2.0 in production. Then it is not possible. It will raise inconsistencies

Regards,

Prateek