cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install license for expired SAP J2EE engine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had used evaluation copy of the SAP J2EE engine. This copy works for few days and now the SAP J2EE engine is stopped. After its expiration, we purchased the permanent license.

My question is: <b>how to install license for the expired SAP J2EE engine so that the engine can be started without re-installation?</b>

Waiting for the reply.

regards,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the engine license has expired,you have to restart the engine.then the engine will be up for 30 minutes,Yoy have to apply license within that time.

Go to Visual administrator,

SID----->services--

>Licensing adapter.

Delete Installed license first.

and then Install New license.

Verify whether the hardware key matches the existing one.

Then install the latest license .

It wil work.

reward points if helpful...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Usha,

My J2EE engine is not starting even for single minute. I do not know how it happened. Initially it used to start at least for 30 mins but now it not. Do you know how to make it running for 30 mins?

Anand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How old is ur engine?If its too old,may be ,it cannot start.

I can suggest you one option.

Back date ur system to one year older,in "Date and Time properties" of ur system.

Then try restarting the engine.

If it doesnot start even after that,right click on server n dispatcher node and look for the developer trace messages.

You may get an hint of possible solutions.

Then if the engine starts ,apply license.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand ,

To install license of the J2EE Engine :

In the Visual Administrator -> Server 0 -> Services -> Licensing Adapter. Then choose tab page Runtime -> Installed Licenses and Install subsequent temporary license.

check the URL for further details :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/14/5e533e5ff4d064e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope this will help you resolve issue .

Regards ,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The procedure you mentioned for installing J2EE engine works for the running J2EE engine, Here we need to start Visual Administrator but in our case, the J2EE engine is expired and stopped. In such case, your procedure won't work.

Please tell me some different way of installing J2EE engine license.

regards,

Anand