cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exiting MI Client Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to kill all my application process altogether when I click on button like "Quit Application" without using System.exit(0); If I use System.exit(0), it exits MI Client software altogether which I don't want. I want to show the MI home page on clicking "Quit Application". If I use AWTConfigurationUI.goHome(), my application is not killed and hence all the objects and my application still remains in memory which I don't want to happen. Can anyone guide me in this regard?

Warm Regards,

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

It is definitely not correct to invoke System.exit(0) when you quit the application. In your application you would have definitely implemeted the MI API <i><b>Application</b></i>. This API has a method deactivateApplication(). In this method of your overridden class, you can write statements that will basically remove all references to the applicaiton objects that you would have created within your application. You cannot remove the application instance as such from the memory since this is handled by the MI Framework.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva for guidance you provided.