Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't regenrate SPROXY in BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I add here a question from our BW team.

"I'm loading PC files thru XI to BW. I did Some changes in the Data Sore structure, than I tried to regenerate SPORXY, However the Proxy isn't regenerate correctly so I can't see the changes I've just made.

Can someone write me, How to regenerate SPROXY after structure changes?"

The only way to do it is to erase the repository part off the scenario in XI system?

Thanks,

Elad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I found the problem.

I made a mistake in the ripository.

Regards

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is all you need to do

1. Change the object in IR And activate

2. in b/w, reactivate the proxy

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is didn't work, I received this message in BW system.

Class ZSALES_IBCL_SALES_PCT_IB,Method ZSALES_IBII_SALES_PCT_IB~EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS

Field "INPUT-DATA-ITEM" is unknown. It is neither in one of the

specified tables nor defined by a "DATA" statement. "DATA" statement.

Regards

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>Field "INPUT-DATA-ITEM" is unknown. It is neither in one of the

specified tables nor defined by a "DATA" statement. "DATA" statement.

Because the structure is now changed.

Do the steps I mentioned in my first step.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jai,

We do all the steps that you recommend us in your first answer and the error is the same.

After we regenerate the interface the new generated proxy object are not changed In spite of

we change the ABAP code at the implementing class

When we search in the ABAP code we see the error message

Any Idea?

Regards

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>After we regenerate the interface the new generated proxy object are not changed

Do you mean when you regenerate the proxy, the structures do not have the changes you made in IR? This seems to be weird. Did you save the change and activate the proxy objects after regenerating them?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

Yes this is the problem the structures not changed after the change that I made in IR.

I change and activate the proxy and after i try to regenerating I received the error.

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Right now the problem can't solved.

Any idea?

Elad

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have a cache refresh in IR and again try to regenerate. see if the checklist are empty (means the objects are activated)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did it and the problem not solved

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the error u had posted in inside the method. check for it. check at INPUT-DATA-ITEM. maybe the stucutre doenst validate against data-item. so u commnet the entire code in the method and now try to activate the proxy. u will be able to do it. once done then access the strucutre in the method accordingly

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

where u able to trace it out?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not understand what exactly you meaning?

Where I can trace about that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

this is a Server Proxy scenario. so, you must have written some code inside your execute method of the generated proxy class.

Just comment that piece of code and try to activate.

Regards

Pushkar

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elad,

initially u had created a interfaces and had activated in sproxy. at this point of time u would have implemented the method for the proxy and had refereneced to the structure for collecting the data inside the method for processing. at this point of time everything would have worked fine. later for some reasons u had changed the data type structure in the interface and when u had activated in sproxy u had encountered an error. this is becoz the code inside the method is still referncing to the old structure. for u to avtivate the proxy error free u need to first comment or remove the reference of the earlier defined structure inside the method. once done u regenearate the proxy and u would not find any errors.

check if this helps and let us know if u still have issues.

thkx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhu,

Is not work, We changed the comment and nothing not changed in the tables.

Maybe the problem is that the structure is building in XI and not in the BW.

We received the structure and not build them in BW.

Any idea?

Regards

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Elad,

>>>The only way to do it is to erase the repository part off the scenario in XI system?

Defenitely no. All you have to do is goto SPROXY in BW and for the select the particular inbound interface and right click on it and say "Change/ regenerate proxy". This will create all the ABAP objects again. Now you need to modify the code with in Execute_asynchronous or execute_synchronous method.

If you cant regenerate the proxy objects in SPROXY transaction, let us know the error msg you are getting.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peleg,

Since you have done changes to your data type you have to save and activate it in IR. Also go to SPROXY and regenerate the proxy. Once you regenerate the proxy you have to save and activate. Then your new changes will take place if you dont have any errors.

Regards,

---Satish