cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

business system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

What is th mazor difference between business system and business service.

Regards

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Business System

1. It can be termed as a logical system typically used when communicating with SAP systems.

2. An Entry in SLD is compulsory for using Business System

3. One Business System can exists for only one client at any time.

typically used in scenarios involving IDoc, RFC adapters.

you can also get help from the following link.

http://help.sap.com/search/highlightContent.jsp

Business Service

1. It exists as a abstract system with only sender and receiver interfaces.

2. No entry required in SLD

typically used in scenarios involving SOAP, File adapters.

you can also get help from the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c7/301640033ae569e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ramesh P

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First the ques:

To make it simple to uderstand:

<b>Business System:</b> They are logical senders and receivers of the message that exchange message by using sap xi and that are entered in the SLD.

<b>Business Service:</b> To the system that are not present in your system landscape we define Business Service. Used mostly in a B2B or A2B, B2A enviroment. Thats the reason naming conventions remains the same and can't be changed.

Hope it was simple to understand

Secondly:

Well ain't the dicussion abt questions streched to far. Michal approach was gud and that could be the way to educate if you are new here.

As far as replying to questions is consider itz a individual decision and i feel itz also the best way to share knowledge. My exp has been diff once i asnwered a ques the way i understood but some one came up with a much better explaination and definetly it helped me refersh through those browniee points.

There is always a start some where. Some are too gud , some are avg . We ain't born GEEKS.

<b>*No issues itz juz my view*</b>

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF FOUND USEFULL*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

The Major dif. b/w these two..

<b>Business System</b>

1. Business Systems are registered on the SLD. Business Services are not.

2. Business Systems should be mandatorily used when dealing with Idoc's and Proxies .

<b>Business Service</b>

1. Business Service requires manual adding on Inbound and Outbound Interfaces, Business Systems do not.

2. Business Services are maintained across environments and so, there names cannot be changed. Business Systems names can be changed across environments by providing SLD level transport targets.

3.In the Business Services we cannot maintain the Group and Targets in SLD. For Ease in transporting your ID/Configuration objects Groups and Targets are used in SLD for Business Systems.

4.Business Service has no SLD Entries and No Assigned Products and SWCV's

Regards,

Ramana Kumar. A

<b>** Reward Points if it's useful**</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Business System : is a logical entity assigned to a Technical System in a SLD

Business Service: is an Abstract entity without having assigned to a Technical System in a SLD

for more:

Business System: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/42/c817d9d2296bb2e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Business Service: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c7/301640033ae569e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Ramana Kumar. A

<b>

*Reward Points if it's useful*</b>

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

type +business +system +business +service

in search of this forum and you will find dozens fo answers to your question

Regards,

michal

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Very good answer. I think this is the right approach to guide some one who is new to XI.

Well michal i would like to invite you on one of the discussion thread which needs your comments and suggestions.

Regards

Sumit Bhutani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit,

This is a forum for discussion among XI associates where a lot of people have just started their venture into XI world .To progress they all must have their basics clear ,but before posting any message just search fo the same in forum I am sure all the basic questions are already answered in the forum .

The approach michael gave is correct as he has helped to clear the doubt at the same time suggested an approach to the guy to look into the forum before posting question.

Regards

Message was edited by:

Amit K Singh

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

i have edited my thread and i just want to invite all of the sdners to the thread which i have mentioned in my previous post. Also request you to do some contribution towards creating a paltform for the next generation XI professionals.

Also please dont forget to edit your last message.

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Thnks for the edited message and for your effort in creating the platform for next generation XI professional

I have edited my message

REgards