RFC LookUp :Remove Hardcoding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am using RFC lookUps in my scenerio

Have written UDF for the same in IR.

The Udf contains the following line in the code

Channel channel = LookupService.getChannel("BCS_800","rfc_channel");

I want to remove the hardcoding of business system and comm channel so to achieve this functionality dynamically.

(Since in my scenerio in future the name of Business system may change,i can only edit ID at customer site and not IR)

Any suggestions????

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

If you dont want to hardcode the business system then I would suggest you to create a business service in ID. Within the Business service you create the communication channel and use it in your Lookup. With this you should not worry about the hardcoding because your business service will always the same in QA and Prod also.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could even maintain the CC in Business Service (this way it could maintain the same service name in dev/qa/prd systems).

But IMHO, the best approach would be to send some identifying information from the sender (for example, SYSID) and maintain party/service/CC name in a value mapping, which is stored in ID and could be transported from dev to qa and prd.

In your input message, you'd have to have something like (DEV) or (R3D) for example. Then in Value mapping you associate that input with the proper information (Party, Service and CC names). You could maintain each of these 3 variables as one identifier for the issuing agency. And you do that (store the 3 variables) for DEV, QA and PRD systems, already in dev system (so that when you transport it, the information is already stored in QA and PRD).

In your mapping, just use a value mapping field between the input field and the lookup UDF, and you have the proper information being inputed in the UDF.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You can pass these values as input from a file or as part of your input message,

there's no need to hard code these values at least in Graphical mapping,

you can pass it as input to the UDF.

Regards,

Samson Rodrigues.