cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection plans- Revision levels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pros,

I have an issue and I need your feedback and advice on this.

Situation:

Stage 1: We started receiving inspection with few groups and all materials assigned to one of those groups. But the system was not picking the revision levels while creating lots; materials were maintained at at least 2-3 revision levels. System was not picking the plans because there were no matching plans with corresponding change numbers from the material master.

Stage2: To correct above error we created plans with revision levels. This solved the above error but added a new issue.

This way the system was picking the plans but the volume of plans that have to be created became very high. Say we have 1 material with 2 Change numbers and is received from 2 vendors, we have to create 4 plans just for one material i.e one for every (MaterialChange numberVendor) combination, which is very high.

Can't we just create a group say '001', with a DMR say 'DMR1' and assign all the materials that have to be inspected with 'DMR1' to the group '001'?

I learnt that SAP has released OSS notes for it but I am unable to find.

Please let me know if you have a better way to deal with this issue so that we can keep the number of plans to minimum and have an efficient receiving inspection.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

you could use the exit QPL10001 for this purpose, here it is possible to change the DMR, which means taht you could group certain Vendors to certain DMRs and set them accordingly in the exit.

This could enable a minimum plan maintainance and allow you the correspondent flexibility you want.

I hope that this information is usefull in your case.

Regards,

Isabelle

Answers (0)