cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBS Build Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am on EP7.0 ERP05 NW04s and trying to modify ESS Family Members application . There was a bug fix in ESS 600 SP8 which was fixed in ESS 600 SP9 ,rather than applying the new SP I did the changes manually by copying the code from another country specific family members application (Italy) and it worked in my local server.....now when I try to checkin this newly copied code to DTR i get the following error during CBS Build :

[javac] ERROR: /usr/sap/T90/JC16/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/5/.B/2498/t/38CA7D606285268FD263B5ED3D2BE89C/gen_wdp/packages/com/sap/xss/hr/per/us/family/fc/FcPerFamilyUSInterface.java:206: cannot resolve symbol

[javac] ERROR: symbol : method updateValueHelp (java.util.List)

[javac] ERROR: location: interface com.sap.xss.hr.per.us.family.fc.wdp.IPublicFcPerFamilyUS

[javac] ERROR: wdThis.wdGetFcPerFamilyUSController().updateValueHelp(includedfields);

[javac] ERROR: ^

[javac] 1 error

I wonder for the cause for this..

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subhash,

Yes, you have to check in the model changes into the DTR. Otherwise, your active version of the file with changes will refer to an older version of the model.

Try to check-in the model changes as well. Make sure that you restart the J2ee cluster after you check in the model changes if the model contains structures with new or deleted fields.

Cheers

Valerie

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subhash,

You're welcome. Good to hear that your problem has been fixed!!

It's always good to keep your development environment in synch with the DTR as often as possible. We've had numerous issues when the development machine and the DTR were out of synch. Check-in your code once a day if you can

Cheers

Valerie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Valerie,

Thanks for your help. I did add the Model changes to the DTR and it worked successfully.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Valerie,

There are no open activities which has the file in question. In the Version graph i checked that there was one active version for my file ,the last one ,and there were no differences in the local and the Active version....

I actually reimported the Model to get a new standard function module delivered by SAP , do we need to add files separately for that into the DTR because in the error it says no relation has been binded to the model...

Please reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

First of all, not all files in the dtr perspective have to be checked in the DTR. Be careful not to add generated files to the DTR. I only add files with the blue house icon in the 'src/packages/<path to files>' which are source files...

Back to your question

Do you have any activities in netweaver developer studio with code that has been checked out for editing? If so, can you make sure that the activities that have not been checked in do not contain any files related to the change that you are doing? If you expand the activities you will see a listing of the files that are checked out for editing.

If this does not work, make sure the version of the file in question is the same as the one checked in. To do that, in your 'dtr' perspective, drill down to the file in question, right click and then select "Show In" followed by "Version Graph". You should see a sequence of versions. If the version checked in is in a different path to the version on your local machine, you should make sure the active version in the DTR and the one on your local machine is the same. I haven't had to deal with this before, so I can't tell you how to fix it, but it's worth looking at it...

You can also try to right click on the file and then try option "Compare with active version". If there are any differences it you'll see them in the comparision.

Valerie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Valerie,

Thanks for the reply. I checked the location and I had Blue house icon not for the path of the file in question but for other files and I added them into the DTR but still it didn;t help....

Please reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that the changes you made are not local to your machine. Usually when something works on your local server but not in the DTR, it could be because not all files have been properly checked into the DTR.

[<b>If you don't know this already</b>]

To check for files that are local to your machine, select the 'dtr' perspective in netweaver developer studio, expand 'inactive' on the software component you made changes to, select the DC you made changes to, expand 'src' then 'packages', then go to folder containing your source code. If any of the files in 'src/packages/<path to your file>' has a blue house icon next to it, then you should add it to the dtr by right clicking on the file and select 'Add'. This will add any files local to your computer to the DTR.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Valerie