cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-install of SSM 4.0 and client-copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

We finished the installation of Sol. Man. 4.0 on a linux/oracle platform. At what point in the post install do we do the client copy of client 000 for data and client 001 for users to a new client? Before, during or after all the img config in 000?

thanks in advance,

Steven McElwee, Duke University

PS- Sap's install docs for SolMan 4.0 leaves much to be desired ...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops - a correction. Client 100 was copied from client 000 at SP9 and not at SP11 as indicated above.

Sorry about that.

We are wondering whether or not we should do the following-

1. Trash client 100.

2. Go through the SP12 IMG in client 000 until we reach "Scenario Specific Settings".

3. Do the client copy in "Scenario Specific Settings" -> "Cross-scenario Settings"

4. Do the rest of the IMG in client 100, though some of the other prior IMG activity done in client 000 such as "Assign S-user for Sap Support Functionality" need to also be done in client 100. (I'm looking forward to rooting these out .... )

I don't like this. It is ambiguous.

thanks in advance,

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to copy client 001. Its an exception for Solution Manager. For all other SAP systems usually you make client copy from client 000. This is becuase, SAP provides you Pre-configured client as 001. And users as well you can copy from client 001.

And moreover you have asked which part of configuration needs to be copied from which client. I really wonder how you can make a part of configuration to be copied during your client copy.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to revert Back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A Correction- if you search through this forum, you will learn that-

For the client copy in Solution Manager, one copies the data from Client 000 and the users from Client 001. Client 001 is a training client which has all the users needed by the Java stack. It is said to be very much out of date; hence, the data for the client copy comes from client 000.

The IMG changes depending upon which patches are applied. We did the client copy after the initial installation but before any IMG configuration. Hence, we are probably going to redo the client copy after applying SP12 and re-doing the IMG config in client 000. We believe that this is the appropriate procedure to follow.

Sincerely,

Steven McElwee, Duke Unviersity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, we had a chicken-and-egg issue here. Let me explain. By default, the SSM 4.0 SR2 install is at SP9, which gave it a somewhat simpler IMG. However, we gave in to the temptation of installing SP11 since this SPs were obtainable without Maintenance Optimizer, which gave us a more complicated IMG which includes, at some point, the client copy as mentioned above. We went through most of the IMG resulting from SP11 until we had Maintenance Optimizer working and then downloaded SP12.

I am in the process of installing the ABAP SP12 packages now and plan tomorrow to deploy the JAVA SP12 .SCA files. The IMG looks better and less confusing at SP12 than at SP11 or SP9. I think this calls for another IMG pass.

The $100 question - which parts of the IMG need to be done in client 000 and which to do in our client 100 (copied from client 000 after SP11 was applied). We are really confused on this point. If anyone can shed some light on this, i would very much appreciate it.

Sincerely,

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Steven,

For solman 3.0 and solman 4.0 creating the client copy was included in the installation guide post installation steps.

However for solman 4.0 SR1 and SR2 this activity has been include in the spro.

So, once you finish with the installatino guide logon to 000 client and go to SPRO transaction.

There you can see that import addons, import support packages, client copy... are the three first actions to do in the solman system.

Once you create your working client in solman make the rest of the settings being logon to this working client.

To check the documentation assigned to each spro point is the best way to configure the solman system for the different scenario.

You will find a "light" configuration guide also in alias solutionmanager in SAP SMP, and for me a good documentation place is alias rkt-solman, choose the different profiles and you will see an update Itutor files that help you in the configuration process.

Hope this helps,

Dolores