cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC adapter losing records

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a CSV file with about 2000 records. I use file content conversion to pull the data into XI, I am also using record type to map the data to different SQL statements.

I then use a JDBC adapter to insert the data into an Oracle database. Everything seems to be working fine with the exception that once and a while I lose a record. If I load the same file twice, one time I will get all the records and other times XI or Oracle is losing one of the records.

Has anyone else seen this? It looks like a bug in XI?

Thanks

Skip Ford

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was never a problem. It appears the oracle/gui tool i was using had bugs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you see a record that is skipped, i suggest you check out the Communication Monitoring. We had a problem like this, Its was because of the network firewall.

This is what happens. The firewall would terminate any connection which runs above a preset time in the firewall's settings. When this happens, the current message would be failed - the error we normally get is -- "Communcation Link Failure".

The next messages will be inserted without any problems.

You can check the Message monitoring for the messages that you just sent thru XI, if there is a system error and the error says Communcation Link Failure, that means there COULD be a problem with the firewall or some other external agent terminating your connection.

Regards,

Balaji.M

Satyagadadas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get any answer for this we are also facing the same..Please update us..it's urgent..appreciated y'r help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Skip !

Any news about this problem?

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Skip Ford !

Never heard about that...but you can do this:

Check this help document about how to recover the response of the JDBC adapter, that says how many inserts it did, to check if XI is delivering all the data. Also one thing you can do, is use a user defined function or standard in the mapping to count how many records it is mapping to the canonical XML target structure and also raise a trace record (using a mappintrace object) to check in the SXMB_MONI how many records were mapped.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/22/b4d13b633f7748b4d34f3191529946/frameset.htm

Regards,

Matias.