cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Goods Receipt in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm new to SRM and we're currently not using the GR functionality in EBP. I'm working a project that has a need for this GR functionality and I need to know how/where to activate this GR process. Can I turn on this functionality for one SAP instance (i.e. another R3 system in another location) without impacting the current processes of another SAP instance, which does not have/want this GR process at this point? We're currently on SRM 4.0 with EBP 3.0 using the classis scenario.

Your assistance is very much appreciated.

HP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Satya's input would help you to get the link "Confirm goods/services" in the related user log on (which is equal to GRN in R/3).

Additionally you need to make a distribution model in SRM in BD64 for SRM and R3 integration , maintain SRM as sender and R3 as receiver, then add message types MBGMCR and ACC_goods_movement......

Distribute this model to R3

and generate partner profiles in SRM and R3 for this model.

RFC should be working correctly for this.

This will enable SRM to post the GR to R3PO and update the PO history.

You can do partial GRN in SRM and Partial in R3.

For further doubts mail on dinesh.powale@googlemail.com

BR

Dinesh

(Reward if helps)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Dinesh, for that additional tip about the distribution model.

My primary concern is how to turn on the GR requirements for another R3 system without affecting the current one which does not use GR at all.

Thank you,

HP

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ha pham,

For your Information, there are lot of restrictions with Confirmation in SRM. For eg, Stock type (Quality, Blocked etc), Batch number and classification, Serial Number management, not possible with confirmation.

The only advantage you can have is workflow. Apart from that, atleast I could not see, any improvements.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramkumar,

We have yet to decide whether to do GR in SRM or R3. I know we can do it either way, but it's good to know that there are restrictions with confirmation in SRM. Are you suggesting that if GR approval is not needed, it's better to do GR in R3?

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please go through this -></b>

SRM Transactions BBPCF02 and BBPCF03 are required for Confirmations.

If it is "Confirm good receipt or service" in SRM, transaction are 😆

BBPCF02 to receive your own purchase order

BBPCF03 to receive all purchase order (central recipient) - The Purchasing Assistant/ Secretary can use this iView to confirm centrally, on behalf of other users, the receipt of goods or the performance of services.

<u>SRM Technical Scenarios</u>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/en/5c/981e3e6217b40be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

<u>Goods Receipt</u>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/87/80973ccc3a8401e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

<u>Activate GR functionality</u>

<u>Confirming Receipt of Inbound Goods in SRM</u>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/de/fd6df9b3e8204e876b9f2138bea05e/frameset.htm

<u>Goods Receipt Processing</u>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/6c/feb152ef214c5684a069e4df6bb4e0/frameset.htm

<u>To prohibit GR</u>

<b>Other related links -></b>

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

Thank you for the helpful links. I've gone through them, and it seems as if there's no customizing setting to check/mark to activate the GR functionality. It has to be done via BAdi's. Is there a way to tie this GR requirement to one document type or logical system so that it's activated for one SAP instance and not affect other instances?

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do this by going to the T-Code:PFCG, there you can update the role of corresponding SAP Instance of Employee, Purchasing Assistant Secretary, Operation Purchaser and Strategic Purchaser, etc who are in the process for GR by adding <b>confirmation</b>s.

Please reward the points for helpful answers

Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satya,

Are you saying that the GR functionality is based on roles and not on document type, logical system, or attributes in the org plan? I want to make sure I understand this correctly as when I go to PFCG, I don't see where a role is differentiated by SAP instance. There's only one SRM employee in EBP. How do I specify that GR is required for PO's created in SAP instance B and not SAP instance A. Please help clarify.

Thank you,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HP,

In the T_Code: PFCG for example: you can select employee single role then go to the <b>menu</b> tab there you expand the folder named <b>Go Shopping</b>, here you have to add confirmations. Now with this employee role test whether you can make GR in SRM or not. Use different employee role( here you wont add confirmations) where you don't want GR posting in SRM. If you want to replicate to R/3 you have to create distribution model.

as per my experience I can say which is purely role based because GR posting can be done in SRM for both Classic and Extended Classic deployments. This is standard feature in SRM. We can restrict GR posting in SRM by the employee or some one by deleting confirmations in employee or some ones role. I think in your case the same thing is happened. Now your company wants this feature again.

Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satya,

I inherited EBP support after a colleague left the team so I'm not aware of all the set up. When looking at the roles as you suggested, I'm more confused because they all have confirmations under the Menu eventhough we don't do confirmations. I'm going to try to create a SC/PO and then try to confirm to see what happens.

Thanks,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HP,

we are all there to support you.

Do let us know

Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

So I created a shopping cart and proceeded to do a confirmation in EBP. As I tried, I got a message saying "PO XXXXXXXXXX contains no items for confirmation". Is there a setting in the BE that says this PO type does not require goods receipt?

Thanks,

HP