cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with sending excel sheet using file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have file/ftp scenarios where i have to transfer files w/o actually reading the data in them, like in the blog /people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

But when i use excel(.xls) for a similar situation i am able to transfer the file from source to target but there data inside is distorted. i get characters like "Œ µ ä d Sheet1 Sheet2 Sheet3" in output excel file.

How can i solve this problem.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Regards

Sivasakthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siva,

Could you check what File Type u chosed in both sender/receiver comm.channel. It will work fine with <b>Binary</b>.

Best regards,

raj.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes opened at the receiver side also,looks the same way.

Actually the receiver adapter is a mail adapter. It gives me a Untitled.xml output. I have used the MessageTranformBean to change it to <filename>.xls file. So that is why i tried opening it in MONI to check if it was due to the mail adapter i was getting those characters but in the input payload itself i see that the file type is changed to .bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, i already tried that option.

The surprising part is i tried sending a pdf file the same way(using binary option) and when i see the payload in SXMB_MONI im able to see the actual pdf file.

But when i try to see the payload while transferring the excel file, i get a pop up

" Do you still want to display the message part?"

if i click on yes, i get a file with name "a364290_1043HTML000007" and unknown file type.

I tried using ASMA and when i saw Dynamic Configuration the file type was .bin and no longer .xls.

Can anybody explain?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Danasekaran,

I would suggest you to open the file at the receiver end rather than opening from the sxmb_moni. Also check Adapter specific indentifiers in both sender and receiver communicaiton channel and check the filename. Also check the extension of the sender file. You will have the same as receiver also. Put the mode as binary. It should work.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Danasekaran,

Check in your reciver communication channel for the filename and its extension.

Verify the extension of the filename is .xls or not. Also change the mode to binary and give a shot once again.

Regards,

---Satish