cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add admin in User Management!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to add "admin" to the "Groups" under the ""User Management" of the http:\localhost:50000\useradmin, but I don't see "Groups" in there. All I see only

"My Profile"

- General Information

- Account History

- Contact Information

- Additional Information

- Modify (button)

The left pane is all blank, so I don't know where can I find the "Groups".

I am trying to fix this problem. I tried to run my application locally with the NW04, Sneak Preview SP16, but it has been aborted with this message:

"Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Only Administrators have the right to perform this operation.

Please help me to fix this problem, and I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

-Napadol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As which user you tried this operation? Did you login as administrator / j2ee_admin? This message indicates that, the user through which u logged in do not have sufficient privileges to add some other user to admin group.

Thanks

Subu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use my own user and password to log in. So, if I use j2ee_admin, what would be the passward then? I tried abcd1234, but it didn't work for me.

Regards,

-Napadol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try user Administrator and let me know

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The password for j2ee_admin or administrator will be avaialable only with the person who installed the system. Or try the security team. With out the password for this user , its not possible to add ur user to admin group.

If your SAP system has both ABAP and Java stack, you should try j2ee_admin. If its using only Java stack, then you should use, Administrator. Check the password with Security team

Award points if it helped...

Thanks

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince Jose,

I am able to access it with user Administrator. I wanted to add admin to Administrator group of "Groups", it only displayed:

- Administrator

- Anonymous Users

- Authenticated Users

- Everyone

- Guests

Then, how can I add the "admin" to "Administrator"?

Thanks,

-Napadol

Former Member
0 Kudos

First you have to create user admin ( if its not already there ) then assign the user to group

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince Jose,

It worked now. Thank you so much, and I rewarded you as well.

Regards,

-Napadol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subbu, thank you as well, and I rewarded you with the points also.

Regard,

-Napadol

Answers (0)