cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application log (SBAL, SLG1) - msg to operating staff

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on a project with parts on R/3 4.6C and parts on MI (6.40).

There several custom developments, all of them with logging in the "application log" (aka SBAL or as txn SLG1).

Could we raise an alarm / send a msg to the operating staff / application owner when "red" items show up in the application log?

Can this be done directly, via CCMS or even via SolMan?

How easy is this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Towes71
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kimmo

No i followed this URL ,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/be/f6ab3b92818b70e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

but used entries below, and after that i got an red alert in CCMS tree, and when this worked i assigned a autoreaction to the MTE.

SAP CCMS Monitors for Optional Components

---> Table Content Monitoring

TARGET_TABLE BALHDR

FIELDNAME EXTNUMBER

FIELDVALUE SUBOBJECT

MAXROW 4

WHERECLAUSE1 SUBOBJECT = `AGGRCHECK`

WHERECLAUSE2

WHERECLAUSE3

TOP_FULL_NAME

RESCANFROMBEGIN LOGNUMBER

T100_MESS DB10 100

I also used entries below and that worked fine as well.

TARGET_TABLE BALHDR

FIELDNAME EXTNUMBER

FIELDVALUE PROBCLASS

MAXROW 4

WHERECLAUSE1 PROBCLASS = 2

WHERECLAUSE2

WHERECLAUSE3

TOP_FULL_NAME

RESCANFROMBEGIN LOGNUMBER

T100_MESS DB10 100

//Tord

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the end, we did it without CCMS. We had a small program that used functions BAL_DB_SEARCH, BAL_DB_LOAD, BAL_LOG_HDR_READ and BAL_LOG_MSG_READ. If it found relevant logs in the recent past, it would send an e-mail.

Towes71
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Please notice that in release 7.0 with higher SPS you must use CAPITAL letters when entering the parameters for the function, otherwise it will not work.

I managed to get it working on 7.0 SPS18 and monitor table BALHDR

Regards

/Tord

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tord, can you explain little more about your solution? Did you write a custom report like was my proposal or what?

br: Kimmo

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Peter

did you ever got a solution for your problem? If yes, would you tell us? We are facing the same problem in ECC 6.0.

Personally I think that we must write a custom report which reads table BALHDR and if founds entries with PROBCLASS equals 1 or 2 and sends an alert to external monitoring system.

Unfortunately the functions that write application log into db, has no events that could be triggered and implemented.

br: Kimmo

Former Member
0 Kudos

>you can find all documentation in the SAP Help:

>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d3/1fa03940fab918e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

This is the standard documentation about writing and reading logs.

Unfortunately, it does not tell anything about connecting this to alarms, to CCMS, whatever.

When a serious log message is written at night or during the week-end, how do alarm the responsible person on duty? (who may be asleep, working in the garden, ...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can find all documentation in the SAP Help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d3/1fa03940fab918e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Erik Hubers