Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group PUBLIC not found Error when I execute a Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm going to try to be clear.

I have installed Sneak Preview JAVA 6.40 SP11 in one server. On the other side I have installed Miniwas 6.20 on other machine.

When I want to execute a WebDynpro FlightListApp with connection to Miniwas 6.20, i can't run it: there is an error:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=servw2000 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=BSP MSSERV=sapmsBSP PCS=1 ERROR Group PUBLIC not found TIME Tue Jun 28 14:34:45 2005 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT LG VERSION 5 RC -6 MODULE lgxx.c LINE 3515 DETAIL LgIGroup COUNTER

That error appears when I choose Test on WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST Jco Destination. When I created it, I chose Dictionary Data.

When I created the other Jco Destination (WD_MODELDATA_DEST) I chose Application Data and Single Server (not Load Balancing, that's OK?.

I didn't choose Load Balancing because I have only ONE server.

The SLD configuration is OK.

I add My Miniwas 6.20 as a new Technical System.

I have created a Group PUBLIC in Miniwas 6.20 and a Logon Group too.

My question is: Do I need to connect to Miniwas 6.20 specifically only via Messager Server even though not having Load Balancing?

What could be wrong in the configuration?

Please I need same help about that.

Thanks

Janett

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I added the logon group PUBLIC via SMLG, and it resolved this exact issue for me. Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to configure the PUBLIC logon group in SMLG transaction.

Once configured the SLD and JCO-Destinations in the WebDynpro Content Administrator, we had the same problem with METADATA_DIRECTORY JCO-Connection. When we tested it, we got an error related with the PUBLIC LOGON GROUP. This JCO destination is a metadata directory connection and use the SAP message server to connect to the PUBLIC logon group.

You can create the PUBLIC logon group easly with SMLG, but it is necesary to add a "Logon Favorite Storage" in "SMLG Transaction - Display control/status Area" called PUBLIC too.

More information at:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/28/1c623c44696069e10000000a11405a/content.htm

After that, all JCO connections and the webdybpro application should run fine.

Regards.

Agustin Alvarez

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Janett,

also if you have only one Server I think you had to setup Load Balancing through the Transaction SMLG. Delete the group SPACE and add a Group PUBLIC. Try again.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already had added the Logon Group PUBLIC on the only instance on Miniwas 6.20, but it doen't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same error exactly. The unique differeces is that I have installed the new WAS ABAB stack 6.40

I've created the PUBLIC group in SMLG, but I'm not sure if it's all right because I can't login in SAPGUI through a logon group. When I try to generate the group servers list I always get the same error: "the message server didn't found any group".

Any new ideas?