cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice of using Models

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please tell whats the best to work with models. I have created a seperate Model DC for all my applications.

My Question, should I just import the RFCs into model, not implementing the code, or implementing the code also in component interface controller of the model and use it in my Application DC. whats the best practise.

I would appreciate if somebody could help very briefly on how to work with models to improve the performance.

Thanks,

Sunita.

Message was edited by:

sunita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Sunita,

The concept of development component are relevent from desing time perspective , at runtime there is no difference whether you create Model + Component + Application in one DC or multiple . The DC concept helps to increase the reusability and guides to have better design of your application . For example if you have model in a DC while your Components + UI in seperate DC . Changes in Model ( Reimport / Delete / ...) could be well abstracted from using DC . More over the same model DC could be re-used at multiple places /DCs.

As far as performance is concerned yes it increases from dc build and application development point of view.

I would suggest to have model in seperate DC as this is better desing approach and offers maintenability.

regards

Dhawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joshi,

Could you please give me a brief setp-by-step approach to use a seperate DC (Model DC) in my Application DC?.

Thanks,

Appreicate your help.

/Sunita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunita,

U have to follow these steps.

1. create a dc for models.

2. Create all ur models in that dc & expose those models as Public Part.

3. After building that dc,access that in ur application dc. for that -

1. In ur application dc go to DC MetaData->DC Definition->Used dc

2. Add the model dc in as used dc.

3. Go to ur component in app dc ->used models

4. Add ur model what u want to use from model dc.

After that its same like using the model in same dc.

regards

Sumit

0 Kudos

Hi Sunita,

What sunit explained are correct steps , but i would like to make one suggestion . In case if there are more than one model type i would recommanded to use more than one dc. It would help you in case if you want to make changes and always want to make sure that other should not get effected .

In fact it might have small performance enhancement at runtime if properly designed . For example if you have more than one model type , try to load the model lazily ( when required ) .

regards

Dhawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha,

1.Import the only required RFC's in to the model.

2.Map only <b>necessary</b> input/outputnode of the RFC to your Controllers (ComponentController and View Controllers)

3.If possible invalidate RFC output nodes in the finally block

The above three points in my case improved performance.

I don't think performance will improve if you create separete DC's. If same models will be used multiple applications that case you have to create separeate DC's for models

Rgds

-SS