cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic Selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guys,

We are maintaining classification view for the Finished product(FERT) in the material master & defining the characteristics & respective values for them

Now when creating a saler order for tht partcular finished product we are expecting a pop up where by it will ask the user to select the characteristic values maintained in the classification view(Material master) but its not happening so,What settings need to be maintained?

Basic purpose is to just give the user an option input the data for the various characteristics maintained in the material master,What is the best possible way other than going for variant configuration(KMAT material Type)

Awaiting for quick reply

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In the material master, Basic data2, click the Material is configurable.

Make sure your variant configuration for the class and material is complete

(Characteristics, Class. Configuration profile, Knowledge base object, Runtime version etc wherever applicable)

Now create the sales order, it should be possible to configure the material.

Reward if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Thanks for your replies,But the requirement is slightly different,i dont want to make the material configurable n i want just a pop up with the characteristics which i have maintained for the finished product in the classification view of the material master

is there any way out?

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If material type is not KMAT or if the Material is configurable checkbox is not ticked on, then the classification window will not popup.

madhan_narlapuram
Contributor
0 Kudos

go to the basic data 2 tab of the material master and check mark "material is configurable.

u have to maintain configuration profile to maintain the link between material and the class in cu41... here u assign the classes to the material

thanks

madhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SPRO.

Logistics General->Material Master->Basic Settings->Material Types->Define Attributes of Material types->

Select FERT ,in the details view.

In the Special material types tab you can see the first check box that says:

<b>"Material is configurable".</b>

<i>Check this box and save.</i>

And you should be able to configure FERT.

<b>Reward if helpful.</b>