cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create first user in MI Client on Device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed the following on Symbol Device with preinstalled Windows Mobile 5.0

<b>Installed CrEme JVM (Creme 3.27A)

Installed MAP70_WinCESetupTomcat_Tomcat.CAB.</b>

Now after installation when i go to Start -> Mobile Engine Home

then in explorer <i>http://localhost:4444/me/servlet/com.sap.ip.me.apps.jsp.LoginServlet</i>is displayed and im asked for the userid and password.

but when i click on the New User button the page is navigating to

<i>http://localhost:4444/me/servlet/com.sap.ip.me.apps.jsp.LoginServlet?1184594925231</i>

but the same logon page is displayed instead of asking for the new user creation page....

Pl suggest

Rgds,

Kiran Joshua

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran

This is a known problem and I faced it with the same Symbol device with WM 5.0 AKU 3.5. We raised an issue and came with a solution. This would be rectified if you apply the patch 01 for MI 7.0 SPS 11. <b>Note 1007111</b>

To get an easy solution, double click the new user real quick you will get in to the user creation screen and similar case occurs where ever you find a button. This has been reported and fixed. So please install the patch. you should be fine.

Hope this helps you for sure.

Thanks

Raj

Note: Reward points if was useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raj,

ur help is highly appreciated.

now, i have a doubt abt applying the patch.

Shud i apply the patch to the client only or shud i even apply the patch to the server

pl. suggest

Rgds,

Kiran Joshua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

You have to apply only the patch only on the client.

Just FYI. If you client is on SPS 11, then apply the patch mentioned by Raj else if you are SPS 10 of SPS12 then apply patch contained in 1043775 and 1044789 respectively.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

how to apply the patch...shud i copy the file on to the device and click on tthat...so that it installs by itslef..or something else i need to..?

rgds,

Kiran Joshua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

The patch is contained as part of the SCA file. Open the SCA file in a winrar or winzip tool and navigate to the following path to obtain the actual patch. NWMClient***.sca.zip -> DEPLOYARCHIVES -> NWM_JSP_PATCH.sda -> MI70_JSP.zip. Now upload the MI70_JSP.zip as an addon in the NetWeaver Admin an assign it to the deivce. Then perform a sync and the patch will get downloaded to the client and then you can start installation which will be guided by a UI.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

i installed MI Client 7.0 SPS11 on the device and when i tried to create a new user for the first time, i was not able to....

so there is no point of connection between the server and client yet...first synchronization did not happen.... problem is in the logon page itself...

so, now my question is can i copy on to the device and directly install it ...

rgds,

Kiran Joshua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Ooops!!! A blunder from my side. I just forgot that you cannot create a user itself. The solution is very simple. Uninstall SPS11 Patch 0 from your client and install SPS11 Patch 01 directly onto you client. You can take the Patch 01 cab directly from the NWMClient***.SCA file.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok let me confirm this also....

i have already installed MI Client 7.0 SPS 11 patch 0 on my <b>Desktop PC</b> and using it for my application development and execution. ie. synchronizations happened several times.

On the other hand ...

i have installed MI Client 7.0 SPS 11 patch 0 on the <b>Mobile Device</b> but....but..but.. .. did not login even once and synchronization did not happen not even once with server....

so, how to go abt with the installation of <b>SPS 11 Patch 1</b>

Hope im making sense .....if not plz revert will try to explain bit more..

rgds,

Kiran Joshua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Yes i got your problem very clearly. Thats the reason i suggested you to first uninstall SPS11 Patch 0 from the device completely. This means that there is no MI installed yet on the device. Now extract the MAP70_WinCESetupTomcat_Tomcat.CAB from SPS11 Patch 01 from the following file that you would have downloaded from SMP. <i><b>NWMCLIENT11P_1.SCA -> DEPLOYARCHIVES -> NWM_JSP_WINCE.sda -> NWM_JSP_WINCE.zip -> MAP70_WinCESetupTomcat_Tomcat.CAB</b></i>. Installation of this patch ensures that you are on SPS11 Patch 01 and you can create a new user with no problem and you dont even have to sync to install the patch. Hope I am clear now.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva..

Device part is pretty much clear

but im talking abt the MI Client SPS11 Patch 0 which is already installed on the <b>Desktop PC</b>

So, frm ur previous replies i cud make that i need to install it as an Add-On

but my question is, will it not effect the other ...??

rgds,

Kiran Joshua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

If I have not misunderstood, you seem to be confused whether installing Patch 01 on the PDA will affect Patch 00 installed on your Desktop. Well both the frameworks are independent and one doesnt influence or depend on the other. So you dont have to be worried. Just to summarize

1. For the Symbol device, you have to uninstall and install the client.

2.For Desktop PC, since you can synchronize, assign patch 01 as an addon to the client. This is also make sure both your Desktop and PDA client are of the same patch although they need not be the same.

Hope everything is clear now.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Just to add to Siva's reply The Desktop install is independent of the PDA install, they are two separate clients. You can verify this by checking the device id for each install. So when you make changes to the PDA it will not effect the Desktop install.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Siva for ur valuable inputs...

i hope this will be my final question otherwise will post a new thread. ha ha ha )

How abt the Tomcat Add On...Shud i definitely install this on to the<b> Device</b> and <b>Desktop PC</b> ??

Why is it needed??

rgds,

Kiran Joshua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

No problem at all as long as your problem is resolved and both of us are in sync w.r.t understanding the problem.

When you say Tomcat Addon, I hope you are referring to the addon attached to note 1009703. As mentioned in the note, the addon when installed will improve the page navigation of JSP pages on Windows Mobile 2005 device. This need not be installed on Desktop Client. If you feel that page navigation on you device consumes lot of time(you click a link and it takes a long time to open up a new page) then you can install this addon.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva...

u have been very spontaneous in responding .

ur help is appreciated.

rgds,

Kiran Joshua.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Missed all the conversations, good that your problem was solved.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah Raj...

however, ur reply answered my problem but needed more help which was very much provided by Siva.

Cheers to u guys.

Kiran Joshua

Answers (0)