Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

plese send me the answer of following SD questions :

1. why is requirement routine used in pricing procedure? how do we ensure that a condition not picked up in a pricing procedure?

2. what are the different labels in which a condition can be used in a pricing procedure? how do you ensure that a condition value is applicable for pricing in the sales document but does not get posted to G/L account?

3. why do we define access sequence? how is it related to a key? what does the 'exclusive' indicator denote in an access sequence?

thanking you,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All these things are pretty clear .But I just wanted to see what happens when the exclusive indicators are not marked. I observed that the system did get the two condition values that were presesnt but it kept one active and one non active .How did it decide that since the cond type is not included in any exclusion group or anything.

Apart from this what is the use of keeping the the exclusive unmarked.One use that I can see is that we can use the best/least favorable cond value within the cond type.But apart from this what else is the use of this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

As others said that, if we have not marked exclusive for acces sequence then the result of each condition record (in a condition type) will be given in result and the calculation will be done on all of that.

For Ex: Take any condition type in which there should be min 2 tables in the access sequence. Dont mark the exclusive indicator for both of that tables. Then create an order in such a way that both the condition records ( for the 2 tables) get satisfied. Then both the results will be displayed and calculated.

This situation may come when we are going to give 2 type of discounts i.e., one is 1% discount for all customers and second one is 2% discount for a particular customer. so here we have to decide wether that particular customer is entitled for 1% discount also (along with all other customers) along with 2% discount which he is getting separately or he is entitled for only 2%. If he is entitled for only 2 % then exclusive indicator should be given or if he is entitled for both then exclusive should not be given.

Hope this helps you clearly. If still not then mail me to ratnakumar.y@obtglobal.com I can explain you in detail as i know more about pricing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Access Sequences

Use

In Customizing for Sales and Distribution, you carry out this activity to check that the access sequence UTX1, which is relevant for pricing, exists.

Procedure

To check the access sequence, in Customizing for Sales and Distribution, choose Sales ® Pricing ® Pricing Control ® Define Access Sequences. You can also use transaction VK01. If you use VK01, enter A in Usage and V in Application. Choose access sequences.

If UTX1 does not exist, you must create it.

Result

An entry for access sequence UTX1 exists in table T682.

CONDITION TABLES

KONH Conditions header

KONP Conditions items

KONV Procedure ( billing doc or sales order)

KOND

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

1.Requirement routine option is used to perform custome checks in the pricing procedure calculation for that particular condition type.

So if the requirement you mention is satisfied then only the condition type gets executed.

2.Different lables as I understand is Prices,Discounts,Freight chrges,Surcharges etc

If you don't want to post the value to accounts then mark the condition type as Statistical in pricing procedure.And don't assign the account key in pricing procedure.

3.Access sequences are defined as serarch criteria to search for different condition records (accesses)

Key is nothing but different accesses within the access sequence.

It is from most specific to more general.

If you mark it as exclusive then system will stop searching for next condition record once the record for first access is found.This is done to improve system performance.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Requirement:

It is a routine that is written by an ABAP consultant according to the business requirement.

By defining Requirement in condition technique we can restrict the access of condition type.

To understand the concept, we will take the example of the Rebates. Rebates are to be included during the billing document processing and not in the sales document processing. As rebates are given on the delivered quantity and not on the ordered quantity (incase of cut-off period for rebates).

For rebates we use the condition types BO01 to BO05, and in the Requirement column we give the value 24 which is “Only in Billing Document”.

This Requirement will ensure that these condition types will appear only during the billing document processing.

If you mark a condition type as "statistical", system will not pick up the value of the condition type.

2. There are broadly 4 categories of condition types in the pricing procedure. Following are the categories:

Cat 1 : Base Price

Cat 2 : Discount

Cat 3 : Freight

Cat 4 : Taxes.

If you do not assign an account key in the pricing procedure then the system will not post to G/L account.

3.The access sequence is a search strategy which the SAP System uses to search for condition records valid for a condition type.

The access sequence defines the order in which the system searches for the condition records.

Exclusive Indicator:

Controls whether the system stops searching for a record after the first successful access for a condition type within an access sequence.

That means it stops the search procedure with one condition table if it finds the condition record.

Otherwise it will go to each and every step until it reaches the last record.

It helps in reducing the processing time.

Regards

AK

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayub

Access Sequence

I have a condition type with 3 tables (Exclusive is not marked for all the three) and records in it. All the three records are satisfying in an order. Which will the system pick up for calculation.

Reagrds

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ramesh,

if the condition type is having 3 access seq if no exclusive indicator is marked then the system reads all the tables and displays the information.

so in order to avoid duplication the exclusive indicator is provided in SAP.

reward points

sriram.