cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

single level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Can any please tell me ,The meaning of Single level and multi level. Please briefly tell me the difference between them

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it related to BOM?

If yes then Single Level BOM is the BOM which is For the BOM for the Header Product, Or BOM for which product you have created.

e.g.

Product X is having BOM as Below

Components Qty

Comp1 1

Subassembly 1

Comp2 1

Subassembly Product is having BOM as Below

Componenets Qty

Comp2 1

Comp3 1

Comp4 1

When you are refring Multilevel BOM, It will explod the BOM at all Components level e.i. Subassembly Component will get exploded to the it's Componenets and all the list of the Componenets you will get listed.

in Our case .... Multilevel BOM for Product X will look like as below.

Components Qty

Comp1 1

Subassembly 1

Comp2 2

Comp3 1

Comp4 1

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vamsi -

Here is an explanation that will explain you what a single level and multiple level BOM:

The simplest format is the single-level BOM. It consists of a list of all components that are directly used in a parent item. A multilevel bill of material provides a display of all components that are directly or indirectly used in a parent item. When an item is a subcomponent, blend, intermediate, etc., all of its components, including purchased parts and raw materials, are also exhibited. A multilevel structure can be illustrated by a tree with several levels. An indented bill of material is a form of multilevel BOM. It exhibits the final product as level 0 and all its components as level 1. The level numbers increase as you look down the tree structure. If an item is used in more than one parent within a given product structure, it appears more than once, under every subassembly in which it is used.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Suresh Garg