cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform will not print

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a smartform that works great with Print Preview but when I try to print it nothing happens; the form doesn't even go to the print spool. I can print other things, from SAP, but not this SmartForm. Other forms will print but this one will not print. Does anybody have any ideas?

Regards,

Davis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check for the settings in the related application document for the related output type.

goto the related Tcode like (VA02, or VF02 or ME22N )

Messages-> output

Output type is assigned with a medium, partner and language

select this line and press communication methods

there you assign the printer name, number of messages and the print seetings like print immeidately, save along with transaction..like that some 4 options will be there, check them.

<b>Reward points for useful Answers</b>

Regards

Anji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anji,

There is actually no output type. This SmartForm is to display an EDI invoice and, right now, I just have short test print-program calling the form.

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just found out that it is getting stuck in the print spool. I figured this out by forcing it to print immediately and I got many copies to print (one for each time I tried it earlier). Do you have any idea why it would be stuck in the spool?

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Davis,

I had faced a similar problem.Have you created a page format.If yes,then that has to be assigned to the device.This is done by the basis person.

This solved my problem hope it does for you too

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a standard SAP page format (LETTER). I use this format in other SmartForms and they print without a problem.

Regards,

Davis.