cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

background job problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.......

in sm37, one job is running more than 6000 secs.

But its not appearing in sm51 to kill that job !!!!!!!

why it's not appearing in sm51?

in this situation what i have to do ?i want to kill that job.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all your valuable answers.

I resolved this problem.

Gayatry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gayatry,

Please proceed as below:

1) Execute transaction SM66 which will give the global work process overview of running transactions. If your background job is visible here, Click on that process(select)->Edit(menu option)-> process -> cancel -> cancel without core.

This would cancel the process being executed by the selected work process.

2) If your active job is not displayed here, then it can possible that the job is already cancelled/ended/terminated. Goto SM37 and find your job. Check if the job status is "Active". If its active, then you can cancel the job by selecting your active job -> Job ( menu ) -> Cancel active job.

Refresh the screen or reexecute SM37 again. You can see that the job is 'Canceled' now.

3) Adding to that, you can also identify the sap application server where your job is running by executing SM37 -> Click on Grid icon -> Change Layout -> and Select the Executing server. This way you can know on which server the job is being executed. and you can directly go to SM50 of the corres. app server -> cancel the process. SM51 is not needed.

" Points for replies ".

Regards,

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gayathry,

Simple follow the advice given by Prince Jose. That will solve the issue.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction SM37

search for active job ..

select active job

Menu bar : job -->capture active job

Regards

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

So this job isnt running any of the app servers ( if any ) .. so make sure in SM66 . If its not showing there , you can check the status of the job by selecting the job and from menu Job --> check status , if its wrongly showing this will fix the issue.

Whats your OS ?

Thanks

Prince Jose

PS: Points appreciated