cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand Planning Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If will be great if some one gives me the answer for the below questions.

How do you create proportional factors? What is the standard keyfigure for Proportional Factor?

What are the different types of keyfigures you can use in a Planning Book?

What is cannibalization group?

Thanks,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I will try to answer your questions 😃

<b></b>How do you create proportional factors?

You can create proportional factor in transaction /SAPAPO/MC8V, in the firts screen, you have to indicate the planning area that is going to use the proportional factor, and the basis for proportion calculation (this basis is the data container that you are goint to use to make this calculation, a planning area or an infocube).

You have two ways to create proportional factors: Fixed proportions and Detailed proportions. You can read more about this in documentation.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm">Generation of Proportional Factors</a>

<b></b>What is the standard keyfigure for Proportional Factor?

The standard key figures for proportional factors is APODPDANT, and you have to put it as a disaggregation key figure when you define your planning area. If you don't do this, the key figures won't be disaggregated with proportional factors.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i know, you can use any kind of key figure that you create. I'm not sure exactly the meaning of the question but may be you want to know this.

There are 6 data types to create key figures:

- Amount

- Quantity

- Number

- Integer

- Date

- Time

You can check these types in transaction RSD1, this is the transaction where you can create key figures and characteristics.

All of these key figures can be used in a planning book.

When you use these key figures in your planning area, you can asign to them a lot of functions such as: Semantic, Key figure function, Aggregation, SNP Mode, Category Group, and Category.

No matter which combination of these functions you use, these key figures can be used in a planning book.

If you want to know more about these functions, you can enter transaction /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN, double click in a planning area, click on Key Figs tab and then click on Details button.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for the reply Kedar.

Assigned points to u.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marin,

Thx for your good explanation.

Need few more clarification from u.

1. What is the Proportional Factor good for?

2. Give me the different types of key figure.

Awarded maximum points.

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Proportional factors are used to disaggregate the planning data from higher levels. The system needs some proportions in which it can disaggregate the higher level. These numbers are stored in proportional factors.

For example, in a packsize A, I have SKU 1, SKU2 SKU 3, and historical sales percentages account for following proportions: SKU 1: 25%, SKU 2: 25% and SKU 3: 50%, then if the planning data is calculated/changed at the packsize level, it will be split in the 3 SKU's in the historical proportions: 25%, 25% and 50%.

Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sap members

How do I maintain (update) my Proportional Factors once the first time are used and new hist data and forecasts obtained ?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the different types of keyfigures you can use in a Planning Book?

As i know, you can use any type of key figure that you define in your planning area.

And the last one, What is cannibalization group?

Cannibalizations groups are used in promotion planning, they show the effects that one promotion can cause in other products.

For instance, you can have a promotion for product A, when product A sells 10 units, product B lost 5 units on sales, so product B is cannibalized by product A promotion.

You can read more about this in:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm">Cannibalization Group</a>

I hope this can help you. I would like to be more explicit, but i have some problems writing in english, sorry =P

If you find this information helpful, please reward with points

Regards.