cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illegal dependency error on deploying GP Web Dynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have created a GP application (FamilyStatusChange) on NWDS 7.0.11. We are using EP. 7.0 SP11.

On deploying and running this application via NWDS

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/caf/eu/gp/co/api/EngineException

When I try to checkin and activate the activity corresponding to FamilyStatusChange, the activation fails and I get the following error:

Development Component Build (2007-06-29 03:27:08)

Component name: FamilyStatusChange

Component vendor: xyz.com

SC compartment: xyz.com_SC_XYZ_PORTAL_SP11_1

Configuration: JD2_XYZSP11_D

Source code location: http://dads:51900/dtr/ws/XYZSP11/adobe.com_SC_XYZ_PORTAL_SP11/dev/active/DCs/xyz.com/FamilyStatusCha...

DC root folder: /usr/sap/JD2/JC19/j2ee/CBS/85/.B/13602/DCs/xyz.com/FamilyStatusChange/_comp/

DC type: Web Dynpro

Host: dads

DC Model check:

All used DCs are available locally

validating dependency to build plugin "sap.com/tc/bi/bp/webDynpro"

validating dependency to public part "default" of DC "sap.com/tc/cmi"

validating dependency to public part "default" of DC "sap.com/tc/ddic/ddicruntime"

validating dependency to public part "default" of DC "sap.com/tc/ddic/metamodel/content"

validating dependency to public part "default" of DC "sap.com/tc/wd/webdynpro"

validating dependency to public part "default" of DC "sap.com/tc/logging"

validating dependency to public part "default" of DC "sap.com/tc/wdp/metamodel/content"

validating dependency to public part "default" of DC "sap.com/com.sap.aii.proxy.framework"

validating dependency to public part "default" of DC "sap.com/com.sap.aii.util.misc"

validating dependency to public part "default" of DC "sap.com/com.sap.exception"

validating dependency to public part "default" of DC "sap.com/com.sap.mw.jco"

validating dependency to public part "default" of DC "sap.com/caf/eu/gp/api"

validating dependency to public part "default" of DC "sap.com/caf/eu/gp/api/wd"

ERROR: Illegal dependency: Access list does not allow use of sap.com/caf/eu/gp/api for xyz.com/FamilyStatusChange(xyz.com_SC_XYZ_PORTAL_SP11_1) with respect to public part default.

Build failed with errors.

Also when I try to add used DCs (public part "default" of DC "sap.com/caf/eu/gp/api" and public part "default" of DC "sap.com/caf/eu/gp/api/wd") to this application, I get the illegal dependency error.

Please let me know if there is any settings / access that need to be in place so that this application runs fine. Also let me know the Jar files that need to be added to make this app work.

Regards,

Vibha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Did you solve your problem? I have something similar and I don't find the way to solve it for the moment.

Best regards,

Romain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Romain,

I am still working on the issue. But here are my findings. I am stuck up with Basis team to deploy the missing Jar files.

I had created a GP webdynpro application in EP7 SP6. When we moved to SP11, I copied the same application from SP6 track to SP11 track. Then I got the error upon deployment. Now the catch here is the way GP related Interfaces and classes are used in SP7 and above.

The changes can be summarized as follows:

1. You need to reference to DC caf/eu/gp/api but instead of using the Public Part

“default” you need to use Public Part “external”

2. All published Interfaces now start with the prefix “IGP”

3. All published Classes now start with the prefix “GP”

Please go through the document "Implementing a Web Dynpro Callable Object which Implements the GP Interface" on SDN.

For illegal dependency issue, if the DC has already been added then you get this error. If required, remove the used DC and add it again.

Also ensure that the DCs that you are adding as Used DC in your application are deployed on the J2EE engine.If not deploy them through SDM.

My development configuration contains the following DCs:

- caf/eu/gp/api(PP - External)

- caf/eu/gp/api/wd(PP - GPWebDynproCO)

- com.sap.exception

- com.sap.security.api.sda

- tc/logging

Hope this solves your issue.

Regards,

Vibha Singhal

Message was edited by:

Armin Reichert