cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascading Windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does the option work, which allows me to have several (5, 10, 15...) VC-Models parallel in one Browserwindow? It just can't get it work, it always opens only one at a time.

Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_wolpers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can open more than one window in desing time by clicking in menu "window" on "new window". However you only can open windows of the same model (i.e. one for design and another vor layout).

If you want to work simultaneously in different models you have to have multiple browser sessions open.

Hope that helps,

Martin

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Martin and Jan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

funny... did you try for yourself?

Although we finally reached to point, we still don't have the answer. Although I put the option Options -> Workspace -> Maximum Windows to "5 windows", it still refuses to open at least to models. VC in SPS12 always closes the current window and opens the next one, but i cannot figure out to open two at a time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm,.... tried and failed

I do remember viewing multiple windows sometime back, but i am not sure if they were from same model .

Does all SP12 users observe the same behavior ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan, I know how to handle two or more iVies in one page in EP.

I just wanted to know how to open many model-windows in one browserwindow at designtime, just like you can have several ms-word texts open at a time and copy and paste between them. Got my point? Maybe its just too easy to even think about it :-).

BUT THANKS ANYWAY!! Axel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think i have the answer .

At design time just check your top right of VC Story Board , you will see a small rectangle, click it . You can open multiple models and can shuffle between them. You can also go through Window > Cascade Windows option in Story board menu.

Is this what you are looking for ?

Many don't know this

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was not talking about multiple iViews at runtime, I was talking about multiple MODELS at designtime... but anyway, thanks very much for your suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution still holds good , every model which you deploy creates a iView in Portal Content

Explore the Page Wizard where you can add multiple iViews in EP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do it by embedding all the iViews in a PAGE, this has to be done in EP. You can have multiple iViews in a page but you cant change their location in page dynamically. You can expand and collapse them like a Min and Max buttons of Windows OS.