cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relation between Portal User and ABAP user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed the SAP Netweaver 2004s with ABAP and JAVA environment.

I have the portal up and running on.

Now when i see the users form portal i can see both the UME and ABAP users.

My questions are as follows:

a)Are this ABAP users shown in portal same as SAP R/3 user.

b)Which property of the ABAP users shown in portal mapped to R/3 user.

c)What is the query to see all the users in the Portal database for ABAP + JAVA system

Best Regards

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj ,

All it depends on what datasource you configure:

a)Are this ABAP users shown in portal same as SAP R/3 user >Yes

b) Which property of the ABAP users shown in portal mapped to R/3 user -> You can check the datasource in Portal User Administration .

Read the URL carefully ..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/4e/4d0d40c04af72ee10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Reagrds

Santosh Karadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

Thanks for the reply.

In context to this scenario ,Does the Portal ABAP user and the R/3 ABAP user share the same database.

Then i have the questions:

If i change the property Tilte and Acdemaic Titl of the user form ABAP GUI ,i cannot see it from the Portal

In order to check that i wrote a code using UME API.

But botht the values setTilte() and setSalutation() returns null.

So are they in differnt database ot the same one.

Can i get the query to seee the users in Portal database

Best Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAntosh

I read the following statement

" If the UME has read-write access, you can create users using the tools of the J2EE Engine. Users created in this way are stored as users in the ABAP system. Extended user data that cannot be stored in the standard ABAP user record is stored in the database of the UME."

from http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/9dd53f779c4e21e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

In this scenario what is the extended data.

Best Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manoj ,

In context to this scenario ,does the Portal ABAP user and the R/3 ABAP user share the same database -> Both share same database , Schema is different for both ABAP & JAVA .

Regards ,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santash,

Can you please highlight more on this.

An interesting fact which i just came across i would like to share

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/9dd53f779c4e21e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Replication of User Data

To enable Single Sign-On between SAP User Management Engine (UME) and ABAP-based SAP systems, users should ideally have the same user IDs both in the UME and in the SAP system. Replicating user accounts to the relevant SAP systems is one method of ensuring that user IDs are the same. <u>The data is replicated in one direction only, from UME to the SAP System. Data cannot be replicated from the SAP System to UME.</u>

Best Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manoj ,

To enable Single Sign-On between SAP User Management Engine (UME) and ABAP-based SAP systems, users should ideally have the same user IDs both in the UME and in the SAP system. Replicating user accounts to the relevant SAP systems is one method of ensuring that user IDs are the same :

Single Sign-On - > If you have many systems in your system landscape, then a Single Sign-On environment is also desirable to reduce the number of passwords that users have to remember.

Please give me URL of :

<u>The data is replicated in one direction only, from UME to the SAP System. Data cannot be replicated from the SAP System to UME</u>.

So that I will try to throw some light as I can .

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar

Answers (0)