Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete SMTP node in scot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

In my Prd system when i ma trying to create SMTP thne message come as Node SMTP is already exist. How can i create new node by name of SMTP. or how can i delete SMTP node is any background job for same?

But when i am trying by using another name as smtps then it is proceed but i am not undersand how can i do it.

and also is scot is client dependent or independent.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sachin Jadhav

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

What version of Basis are you running? The SMTP subsystem is built in to the later versions (NW04 onward), so I don't think that you want to be deleting them. What are you actually trying to add? Don't you think that trying this in the Sandpit or DEV system would be a good idea before PRD? Have you done this there? What happened that isn't working in PRD.

Scot applies across the system, so is client-independant.

Regards,

Graham

0 Kudos

Fine.

Currently i am using basis release 640 version and basis patch for same is 13.

How can i create smtp now? plz help it is urgent.

Thanks,

Sachin Jadhav

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, so try this help file:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b0/f8ef3aabdfb20de10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

It shows how to configure the SMTP nodes, settings you need to make, and profile parameters that required setting.

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

The SMTP node which you see in SCOT comes with SAPconnect only.

You can not delete it. Nor you can add any more.

Refer below link.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b0/f8ef3aabdfb20de10000000a11402f/frameset.htm">SMTP node</a>

But I don't understand why do you want to delete it.

--Shamish

Message was edited by:

Shamish Lele