cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS: CV02N without delete original option...any Authorisation object exist?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement that a person requires to link WBS element, PO item or PR item to some documents which he doesn't has no authorisation to create or change since those are not created by his Dept. but he wants to links them to his WBS lement or PR item.

So i was thinking of creating a role for him by giving a change mode athourization to those doc types but then he also gets the authorization to delete the original,

Which he should not get.

So is there any athuo. Obj. to control it or by any other method i can control it.

Suggestions welcome.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Delete authorization comes automatically with change role.

So if you want this solution in SAP GUI then you have 2 options

1. Make a ZTABLE with User IDs whom you want to restrict deletion activity and maintain the same in the cv02n user exit. This will disable your delete button.

2. There is a BAPI i.e Document_Auth01 implement that and then remove the activity 52 from Auth Object C_DRAW_TCS. This will also restrict users from deleting originals.

Else if you also want this solution is Easy DMS then to make you aware both above changes will not have any affect on EASY DMS there you can achieve this via registry Entries or Via ACL's.

Hoe it answers your query.

Thanks Amulya

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make the Delete Original Icon Disable or Pop a error message when user tries to delete the original. It is possible thru user exit. Then create an authorization object & a role,add the users for that role.

regards,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can give only change access to the document type and remove any access he has to the original file. They are two separate authorisation objects so I am not sure whether you have given the wrong object.

Also check his existing roles to see if any of the other roles he has combine to give him more authorisation that he should have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i have given him C_DRAW_DOK with activity of 53 & 54 i.e display Application start & Diaplay Application Archive. but this doesn,t cover the delete original part. so are there any other objects???

Please elaborate.

Also i have checked there no other authorisations given.

Rgards'

Nishant...

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a good possibility he may have it as part of another role in his profile. Have you checked that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i am in testing stage, so i have prepared a test user & have asssigned only single role of DMS to him, so there is no possibility of gettng the authorisation from anaother role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unless the user has sap all, then it should not allow for it to happen so there is no other explanation. Have you regenerated the role?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i have regenerated the role. But which is Authorisation Object which controls the deletion of the original. Since the object C_DRAW_DOK has only the change & display application start, not the delete. so is there any object for that???

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change allows delete in the case of originals