cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Disconnect in a sap gui 6.40

0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I have a strange problem in a pc client.

After approximately 10 minutes of no-activity in sap gui when is connect with server production, (example: while the user work in excel) the sap gui is disconnect with the follow error:

Connection to partner broken

Error no: 10054

Error text: WSAECONNRESET:Connection reset by peer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Franco,

We have had this same problem occur for remote VPN users. One thing that has changed recently is we switched to a Cisco ASA5500 VPN concentrator. Are your users remote or local to your system? If remote, what type of equipment is being used?

Regards,

Dennis

0 Kudos

Dennis,

this user has VPN client installed on his pc, but when work with Sap the VPN client is disabled.

VPN is active only when he is connected to site of bank.

My user is local on my network.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franco,

we had this kind of problems with NICs having the powersaving feature enabled. As long as the user works in SAP (over the network) everything's fine, working locally with Excel the NIC falls asleep after a while...

Peter

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

i have saw the NIC's properties but the powersaving was disabled...

Regards

cedillof
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

How did you solved the problem?

I am experiencing the same issue. After 10 minutes aproximately of inactivity the error

*10054: WSAECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer*

occurs. This happens only when accesing using internet via saprouter to the SAP system.

Good bandwidth, and saprouter timeout is set to 1 hour.

Please can you help me, how did you solved it??

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also experiencing this issue on our site.

It seems it may be related to the NIC speed being set to Auto-negotiate in a Cisco switch environment.

The connection issues are not isolated to SAPGUI, but also Oultook, Internet and Anti-Virus programs are losing connectivity intermittently.

terri_holland
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Did the Cisco ASA5500 VPN concentrator cause your disconnect issue or solve it?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Urgent:

After the SD-WAN tunnel set TCP session to 3600 or 4194 and after SAP traffic is swiched over to SD-WAN tunnel, after 10 or 12 minutes in idle status of SAP client, SAP client is disconnected. In the captued packages, SAP server sent out several TCP Reset messages.

While if the SAP is not being used in busy status, SAP client will be disconnected in a lower frequency.

TCP session date disconnection interval after SAP client is in idle status Customer IT' feedback 240, defalut value in two CAEs and two CGWs 13-Mar after 2-3 minutes in SAP client idle status, SAP client is disconnected. In the captued packages, SAP server sent out several TCP Reset messages. Hao Liang mentioned a couple of users that got disconnected from our SAP system a couple times each during the day. 3600 in two CAEs, not in two CGWs. 14-Mar more frequnently     3600 in two CAEs and in two CGWs in 4/24, but I found I forget to adjust it in LA-CGW. I made a mistake 23-Mar Hao Liang reports that the connection in SAP just failed while on SD-WAN, only been up for 12 minutes. I tried a capture for just one user's PC and the data looks odd at first glance. However, we had the window to switch over to SD-WAN so I made the routing change at 10:30. Our host on the inside at Beijing is 10.38.1.117. I believe the SAP servers are 10.2.240.201, .202, and .203. I'm double checking with Sys Admin team now if they are still up. 4594 in two CAEs and in two CGWs in 4/25,the disconnection becomes longer. 24-Mar Many times disconnect yesterday .we are testing today. SAP user disconnect 4 times in half an hour .   3600 in two CAEs and in two CGWs last night, I check the result this noon after your swich over to SD-WAN. 25-Mar After whole day test , SAP disconnect issue is still there . Pls switch back to MPLS when you are work in the morning or tomorrow morning china time.
0 Kudos

How is it solved?

Which vpn did it used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franco, we are with the same problem here at our R/3 installation. Did you solve it finally?

Can you give me some tips?

Thanks a lot

Emiliano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franco,

This problem occur when disconnection between Server and front end.

Please refer note Note <b>155147</b>.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I have read and proceed like in this note, but the problem persist...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franco,

Please change some registry parameter in GUI operating system as per <b>Note 413330</b>.

Better you try with this changes. This may helpout.

confirm the result. Reward the point if helpful.

Regards

Ganesh

0 Kudos

no, hasn't succeeded...

I want to specify that the user work in Sap, but when he work in excel or in an other program user'sap is disconnect..

Is a pc with WinXpPro same to others...