cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SM58 on XI box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While trying to post IDocs to an R3 system, getting the following error in sm58 - 'Transactional RFC' transaction 'PASSWORD LOGON NO LONGER POSSIBLE'.

But when I do a connection test from SM59, to the corresponding RFC destination listed in the receiver IDoc adapter there is no issue. The test is successfull.

Anything I'am missing here?

Thanks,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

Try to login to the target SAP system using the User Id specified in the RFC destination.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

I don't have the authorization info for the XI user mentioned in the RFC destination.

-Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are posting IDOCs to XI correct?

If so, the RFC maintained in XI server will point to target R3 system. And the user id will be the user Id created in R/3 and not XI.

Did you try a remote logon from SM59 RFC destination?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did try a remote logon from the RFC destination...on doing this I get a dialog box requesting username/password entry. And the user that appears here is my user ID, not the user that is in the RFC destination.Is this standard behaviour?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>> did try a remote logon from the RFC destination...on doing this I get a dialog box requesting username/password entry. And the user that appears here is my user ID, not the user that is in the RFC destination.Is this standard behaviour?

No. This means your RFC destination is not working properly. Just fill the user Id, pwd with a valid user Id that has sufficient auth., then try. You should be directly logging into SAP on using the Remote logon option.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This implies that the User Id and passowrd is incorrect in the RFC destination.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so that is the issue.

Thanks, but any idea why the 'Connection Test' works then?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>but any idea why the 'Connection Test' works then?

May be the it just checks the connectivity between XI and the target system and does not check for login credentials.

Regards,

jai Shankar