Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Management Console and Services

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning everyone,

I am trying to understand more about the services used by the SAP System, the order in which they are / need to be started.

First I have a precise question regarding what appears to be, to me, as a discrepancy between the SAP Management Console and The Services Console.

At the moment I have a Server with the SAP System stopped. It shows the correct information in the SAP Management Console but when I look at the Services Console the following services show as started:

SAPOsCol, SAPPRD_00 & SAPPRD_01

SAPCCMSR.01 & SAPCCMSR.11 are set to manual

Has anyone got an explanation on why different info are displayed in both console?

Also, is there a way of checking if the SAP Services are running without going through any interface (Management Console)?

Finally,

In the Services Console the SAPOsCol, SAPPRD_00 & SAPPRD_01 services are set to automatic but when we restart the Server the services do not restart automatically even so they show as starter. Can anyone give me direction on what I need to check or change for these to start properly?

Thank you

Corinne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Corinne,

The Services SAPOsCol, SAPPRD_00 & SAPPRD_01 started doesnot mean that SAP is up. So even if you stop SAP through MMC it will show these services as started. These Services denote whether the Instance PRD_00 and PRD_01 are enabled in MMC. So if you stop these services, you wont be able to start SAP through MMC.

SAPCCMSR.01 & SAPCCMSR.11 are set to manual -- These are optional CCMS Agents , so they are set to manual. If you need them you can change them to Automatic

SAPOsCol, SAPPRD_00 & SAPPRD_01 are set to automatic. This should mean that they get strated with the start of OS during a reboot. If they are not getting started there is some issue.

Hope this helps!

Reward points if useful!!!

Cheers!

Bidwan

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bidwan,

Thank you,

If I understand correctly the SAPOsCol, SAPPRD_00 & SAPPRD_01 services , which are starting fine on reboot only allow us to view the Instance(s) info in the MMC, these are not telling me if an instance is started or not.

Based on your desription my next question is how do we ensure that the SAP System / SAP Instance is started automatically on reboot?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

In start profile of the java Instance add a paramter Autostart = 1 and check....

I am not sure if there are any other options.

Hope this works!

Cheers,

Bidwan

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.