cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to transport my process chains using the transport connection link in RSA1 but though I am able to see the name of the process chain but I don't see the chain in the target system. I have the following question to start with

1.The variants that are used by the process chains are they required to be transported first before the process chain should be transported because I have not done thinking that the process chain would transport the variants on their own.

2.I have monthly, weekly and daily process chains, what is the best way of scheduling them in the sense should a meta chain be used or should they be scheduled individually.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO APO,

I have a question for you:

What is the status of the transport?, you can check the status of your transport in SE01. If your transport is in red color, you need to check the imports log in order to see what is the error, but if your transport is in green or in yellow color the process chain should be in its display component.

When you do a process chain transport from one client to other, this process chain is recorded in its M versión, so you have to access RSPC transaction, seek your display component and then try to find your process chain there. Double click on your process chain, may be you will be unable to see the process of your process chain, so you have to click the Display/Change button in order to see the M versión of your process chain.

If you are able to see the M version of your process chain, you only have to activate it.

I hope this can help you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure about the transport in V7. I guess V7 may be working the same way as the previous versions. All I did before was to just transport the chain and every thing related to it gets transported.

1) I think what's very important is the selection in the collection of transport. What did you have there? all objects or only those objects, below and above ( may be the wording is not perfect). But you have to collect all the variants and metachains collected.

2) This is dependent on your process. It doesn't matter when you do it for the transports point of view.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is what I had seen when I was with my previous client as well. This happens only in BW v 7 I think. Please try clicking the "change" icon on the menu and see if the chain appears. I do not have access to Bw 7 here and I cannot exactly tell you which icon but one of the top icons lets you "display" the chain.

1) The chains should be in the target system even if you do not transport the variant. When you run the process chain, the chain would fail and would give out a message "variant does not exist". So you can then create transports for all the existing variants in one transport or if your environment permits,create variants in the target system.

2) I dont think I understand your question properly but it depends on how they are to be scheduled, whether they are on demand or on periodic basis. If its on demand, then we can create a custom tcode to raise an event and this event can be the start condition for the chain or if its on a periodic basis, then we can either use some extetrnal tool to schedule them or just give the start time and the periodicity of the chain within the start condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really appreciate the help that i have received from everyone, my process chains are now working in case I would be having any further problems I would be getting back to u guys.