cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2MML integration and performance considerations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have just started looking at integration between PPPI and Wonderware EI. This might require large business logics and I might want to split these into several for maintenance purposes. Are there any performance issues that I soul be aware of? (I know, that templates exists and are looking at them, but I need to make changes...)

What about query data inside the logic, should I remove all this in order to make the BTX file smaller?

Another topic.

When I make changes to a business logics and save it, when is this updated and active?

Best regards

Poul.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Poul,

Perfomance Issues as relating to what? I'm assuming you will be handling control recipes and then processing those into B2MML format for processing by the Wonderware.

Handling large flat files (XML, CSV), is what usually takes a good amount of processing time. Also you must consider the response time from systems you are accessing, such as ERP, or even the Wonderware system.

When saving a Business Logic transaction, the update takes effect right after the save.

What you might want to conisder as well is getting in touch with someone from Wonderware as they have been working on a composite application for handling B2MML documents and PPPI that was utilizing xMII. This would save you a lot of development time.

Thank You,

A. P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alin.

Thanks. With regards to the composite application from Wonderware, I am aware and have it already. This is very good and a nice starting point, but still we need to make changes in our case.

I where thinking about the difference between more and smaller transactions calling each other compared to one larger.

I where also thinking about cleaning the transaction for data in order to make the thx file smaller (I know the disadvantage in maintenance.....).

Regards

Poul.