Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer -- Button validation

raju_saravanan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

In Visual Composer, I have designed a form view (With five UI) . During run time user can enter data and hitting SUBMIT button, the entered data getting saved in table using Function Module which is in ECC 6.0. This functionality working very nice for me.

Now I need to retrieve the same saved data with in the same form view itself, by adding another button called “RETRIEVE”

Here my confusion is how to validate the “RETRIEVE” button functionality. Should I need to use Formula with dynamic action?

If it so, Can anybody send me the syntax of formula regarding to validate button.

(I already tried with some formula syntax from some documents. But while checking the formula, I am getting an error “Bad or Missing field RETRIEVE”)

Quick response appreciated. Points will be assigned.

Regards

Saravanan.r

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raju_saravanan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

What would you like to validate , can be more descriptive ?

Can you post the formula , so that changes can be suggested ?

raju_saravanan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It means that what ever data i stored before using submit button, i need to retrieve the same data by clicking the retrieve button. Advice me, should i use some formula or anything else

Regards

Saravanan.r

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you just want to retrieve the data which you pushed in , all you need is to connect the OUT port of data service to the IN port of form and check the required fields.

I don't see the need of any formulas here .

raju_saravanan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Little bit I elaborate more.

I have used two BAPI for data service. One is for used to store the user entered data through the form view by clicking the SUBMIT button after data has been entered. (Ex: Sales area (value from drop down list), Time period (value from drop down list) and Actual Qty, Sold Qty).

The another BAPI one is used for to retrieve the saved data (i.e. User stored data for Actual Qty, Sold Qty) by selecting the respective sales area and Time period as input the RETRIEVE button with in the same form view.

No problem, If I use another one separate form view. But I want to get the result only with previous form view by selecting sales area and time period and hitting RETRIEVE button. For that I think I need to map all the respective fields through formula. (but I am not sure with that)

I think now it will be clear for you

Regards

Saravanan.r

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i understood your problem correctly then you are stuck up at retrieving data dynamically from data service based on user selection (sales area and time period).

Select the line(connector) which connects the IN port(Dataservice) and OUT port (Form) , click CONFIGURE (available to top right side bar) .

After the above step , map appropriate variables to data service columns.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

As per your post,

I under stood that u need only one form in which u enter the data and click on save button, when u save the button, u r data should be stored with the help of BAPI.

now your doubt is how to get the data into the same form using another button RETRIEVE.

first create a button RETRIEVE and give the cutom action name ,say, call

if you have another BAPi to retrieve the the data ,then connect the out port of form to input port of your second BAPI.

and give your custom action to the link which connects the your form and second BAPI.

and your saying that you should able to select the data based on the sales area and time period. map this two fields to import parameters of your second BAPI.

and from the out port of the BAPI drag the table view or add another form

raju_saravanan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to use only one form view for storing and retrieving data.

The form input port i connected to both the BAPI's input. and the second bapi out put port, i connected to form view input port using custom action.

in this case when model executed, the model in portal getting disabled.

Kindly advice, what i need to do.

Regards

Saravanan.r

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can do one thing.

u r using one RFC for retrive the data. based on which parameter value u r reteriving the value from RFC( i.e some field in import parameter).

based on that import parameter field u create a start point and assign this to your input port of your retreive RFC.

when u assign this to input port of RFC make sure that u have passed blank value to the import parameter.

and in the RFC make sure that it get excutes even if u dont pass any value(based on that import parameter) if not u need to change u r RFC such that it can excute based on blank value also

this will solve ur problem

please let me know if any issues

please award points

rgds

srinivas