cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saprouter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i read saprouter in a forum, i had a doubt regarding that, i mentioned that here.

Anyone can tell what is the function of saprouter??

SAprouter is an sap program, serving as intermedite station in a network connectn between r/3 systems or programs. It controls acces to your network and therefore functions like a firewall system.Saaprouter gives you complete control over access to your r/3 system.

Saprouter works in conjunction with the firewall and should not be construed as a replacement for firewall.A firewall and a saprouter would be a good combo to connect from outside.

Is this true? plz tell basis gurus

regards

vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Yes u r right. Saprouter acts as an firewall to your landscape. Saprouter is mandatory for remote login into your system by sap. It is used to maintain connection between SAP Support center to your landscape with complete security which could provided by an actual firewall. You can specify the machines that could be accessible from outside just by adding the entries in the sap router table.

For implementation of sap router u need to import the certificate from service market place and later u want to install the same in your saprouter server.

regards,

Anand.

Note: Reward points if helpful.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks and I regret for closing the thread lately.

Regards

Vijay

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos