Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to know how to send alerts,

what is alert configuration in RWB,

how to specify rules??

i know that alerts can be sent by

1. control step in BPM

2. calling RFC salert_create in a UDF

but can there be way in which alert can be sent automatically in case mapping error, or error in any other pipeline steps,

Is there something called RULE BASED alerts??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, Alerts can be triggered Automatically.

Check this blog,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

This topic has been discusses a number of times on SDN. Please search on the Forums / Blogs and you will find the answer to your questions!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks bhavesh,

i was under a notion that alerts can only be called explicitly by calling RFC salert_craete in java code or UDF or in the control step of a BPM, but now i got that it can also be thrown automatically,,...

thanks alot

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Search on SDN is all I can say.You have the answers already available.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Alerts that are triggered by BPM are more business specific which comes under *ALERT MANAGEMENT*.

<b>Alert cofiguration</b> is used to have the system inform you abt the errors that occurs during the processing of the message. These are processing errors.

You can receive alerts through email fax or sms. Similar to that of alert management.

Prerequisite for Alert Configuration is that you must have completed steps listed in alet notification step by step. Check for further reference.<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">STEPS FOR ALERT NOTIFICATION</a>

For Alert Configuration Follow this URL<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/942f3ffed33d67e10000000a114084/content.htm">ALERT CONFIGURATION</a>

Hope itz helpfull.

Cheers,

<b>*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF FOUND USEFULL*</b>