cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving a part in SAP which is already saved on hard disk using SE Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on SE integration with SAP. I want to create a document for a part already saved on hard disk. I can do it from CDesk, but it creates an internal number for documents.

I am only interested in creating an external number for document, and also dont want to change file name. I can use the register document solution, but it again changes the file name, which I dont want to do.

Does any one know the solution, and can help.

Thanks,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Daniel for the reply.

Unfortunately what you wrote did not work. I am interested in Creating an external number document for a file already saved in hard disk, without changing the file name. If I create document from CDESK, it is only creating internal numbers, though in configs I have defined internal and external number for doc type. If I create same from SE using Register Document option, it changes the file name.

Any other solution.

Thx,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sachin

have mailed a doc which worked for me for Solid edge with screens of WS application setting also

reward if useful

Niranjan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daniel_huber
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

assuming the document type you selected supports external number assignement the behaviour of the CAD integration depends on your settings in TA CDESK_CUS. In the section ´parameters` the parameter CDESK_RENAME_FILES defines if you want to rename the CAD files or not. Delete this parameter or set it to if you do not want to rename the files.

In the section `Create document` and `Document data` you can define which document type is used for document creation and how the document number is build. E.g.: DOCUMENTNUMBER = File name without extension means that the document number is taken from the CAD model name.

Best regards,

Daniel