cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS for 2 System landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I would like to set up my DEV and PRD-landscape.

I have 2 Clients in DEV system and one productive Client in PRD-system.

Client 100 DEV (Customizing DEV-System)

Client 200 DEV (Test Client DEV-System)

Client 100 PRD (Productive Client PRD-System).

<b>What are the settings in STMS (transporte routes, delivery, consolidation) I should apply in order to set up my TMS-landscape?</b>

Thank you very much!!

regards

As the replacement for the TST-system I implement the second Client in my DEV-system. So I have 100-Client as CUST and 200-Client as TST Client and PRD system.

How can I configure this case (especialy transport routes between two Clients in the same system) via Tx. STMS?

Thank you!

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

Make your transport route Client specific of-course, you have to set CTC=1 for DEV and PRD system). Then open the Transport Route Configuration. Create a Transport Group (let's say /B-DEV/). Now, create a route from DEV-100 to the /B-DEV/ and then from /B-DEV/ to DEV-200 and PRD-100.

So, what happens when a transport is released from DEV-100 (your customizing client) it is automatically added to the import queue of DEV-200 (Test client) and PRD-100 (production client). You can transport automatically or manually as you think suitable.

You can even make the config such a way that requests only get delivered to PRD-100 import queue if it's imported into DEV-200 (Test client).

Hope it helps....

Cheers !!

Satya.

PS: Pls reward points if the answer was helpful...Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response!

I have few questions regarding your information:

As I mentioned I have configured at the moment the standard 2 system landscape with the standard tranport routes <b>ZDEV</b> and <b>SAP</b>.

<b>Do I need to delete or replace these routes by the target group?</b>

what exactly should I create:

Transport Target group -->

Target system Target Client Client name

DEV 100

DEV 200

PRD 100

Is that right?

<b>Should I aslo create transport routes and transport layer (consolidation)? If yes --> how?

Or do I only need to set up the Transport Target group?</b>

Thank you very much!

regards

Axel

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

Yes...You will need to insert a 'Transport Group' in between DEV and PRD system. Transport routes for each transport layer (ZDEV and SAP in your case) needs to be defined from DEV-100 to 'Transport Group' and from 'Transport Group' to DEV-200 and PRD-100.

You might like to see the online help at: (Configuring Complex System Groups)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/b4a22d7acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/content.htm

Cheers !!

Satya.

PS: Points always encourage me to reply...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thank you!

Can you describe more in technical details how to proceed with tranport layer and with transport routes?

Thank you

regards

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

I'm sorry ...but there not much to describe...just open the Transport Route configuration window. It's a graphical tool and you will find the options under menu.

E.g. After you create a Transport group and try to connect the systems in the Graphical editor, it will ask you Transpotrt layer etc and just mention your Transport layer accordingly (you will have a drop-down menu).

Please check the help link I sent you earlier. They are mentioned there....

Cheers !!

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you!

As I mentionde I have two systems DEV and PRD and 3 clients

(DEV 100, DEV 200, PRD 100)

what are the technical steps to proceed?

Transport route ZCUS --> Consolidation --> Transport layer (?, should be defined)

transport system client (? 100)

Tranport layer CUST :

Thank you

regards

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

You donlt need to define separate ZCUS transport layer as your CUST client is actually part of DEV system only.

So, what you have to do (from technical setup).

1. Create Transport Group /B-DEV/ (Edit -> Transport Target Group -> Create)

2. Define the transport route from DEV-100 to /B-DEV/ (Edit -> transport route -> Add Transport route)

NB: They must look like as you have from DEV to PRD. Only in place of PRD it will be /B-DEV/ Transport group

3. Delete your existing transport routes between DEV and PRD (Edit -> Transport route -> delete)

4. Now add two more Transport route out of /B-DEV/. One towards DEV-200 and another towards PRD-100. (You will not need to define any Transport layer)

So, in your Transport Target group (/B-DEV) there will be two Transport target:

System Client

-

DEV 200

PRD 100

Hope this clarifies....

Cheers !!

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrata!

Thank you very much for ypur response.

So my TMS-configuration will look like:

DEV PRD

CLNT CUST 100 -

CLNT PRD100

I |

|

CLNT TEST 200 -

So:

1 Step: I would like to transport from DEV CLNT 100 to DEV CLNT 200

2 Step: If the tests are succesful, I would transport DEV CLBT 100 to PRD CLNT 100

3 Step: It could be necessary to consider Client copy from PRD 100 to DEV 200

especially with transaction data/(German: Bewegungsdaten)

Can I apply your solution?

How can I proceed with step 3?

Thank you very much

regards

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

Almost right. My suggestion included a Transport target group (/B-/DEV):

So, pitorially:

DEV-100 -

> /B-/DEV----

> PRD-100

|

DEV-200 <----

_

However, if it seems too complicated, your manual transport method will work too. No problem.

For Step-3 I would go for a 'remote Client copy' from PRD-100 as source and DEV-200 as target (Profile SAP_ALL to take all transactional data). The transaction code to start Remote client copy is 'SCC9'.

Check the helppage on necessary steps:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/69/c24c684ba111d189750000e8322d00/content.htm

Cheers !!

Satya.

PS: Pls reward points if the question is solved !! thx ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thank you!

How can I set the transport between the both DEV-Clients (100 and 200).

Why I cannot set the transport target group for DEV200 too?

Which settings do I consider for DEV 200?

Thank you very much

regards

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

you can manually import from deV-100 TO deV-200 ..no problem.

transport group is to automate the import queue update.

You can use another transport group from DEv-200 but for what purpose ?

Settings is as mentioend in my previous reply CTC=1 for all client.

Cheers !!

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I would like to import the transport in an automatic way not manually.

Is there some way to do is?

I mean I could also integrate DEV CLNT200 into Tranport target group is not?

Thank you

regards

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes....that's what I told you before.

one line: DEV-100 --> /B-DEV/

two line: /B-DEV/ --> DEV-200

three line: /B-DEV/ --> PRD-100

Follow the arrow direction

Cheers !!

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thank you very much for your helpful answers, but the practical configuration does not match your description.

Perhaps I can describe all the steps:

1) set CTC=1 in both SAP systems

2) create Target group with entries

DEV 200

PRD 100

Now If a doble click ot target group I see the both configuration, those the standard with SAP and ZDEV and new with target group

You wrote:

Define the transport route from DEV-100 to /B-DEV/ (Edit -> transport route -> Add Transport route)

How should be done?

If I execute transport route -> Add Transport route and click on DEV I do not have any possibilities for /B-DEV/. I can only choose transport layer and consolidation and delivery routes.

Can you describe the way please, if possible with practical steps.

Thank you very much

reagrds

Message was edited by:

Axel Henke

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

When you do (Edit -> transport route -> Add Transport route), your mouse-pointer becomes a 'pencil', and you can draw a line from DEV to /B-DEV/. The pop-up comes, mention your transport layer (SAP and ZDEV). and you are done.

Cheers !!

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thank you, but I have still problem with technical set up.

Is it easier you can send me some TMS-screen shot picture, because I have so many quetions (my Email: p_schulze20000@yahoo.de).

I try so ask, if it is ok for you:

As I mentioned the steps I already done:

set the CTC parameter from 0 to 1 in both systems (DEV, PRD)

Now I see the standard connfiguration for 2 systems, created earlier

I have created Tranport target group /B-DEV/, choose mandanten specific and added to line as target goal:

DEV 200

PRD 100

and save the setting

Now I doblel click ot the /B-DEV/ and I can see:

- the standard configuration (DEV and PRD with tranport routes ZDEV and SAP) and

- the /B-DEV/ between DEV and PRD with yellow lines --> 100 and -->200

The next step, with your words:

to create the transport routes from DEV-100 to /B-DEV/

<b>Question: With wich tranport layer and wich one consolidaton or delivery?

How I can not define it for DEV-100?

If I assign existing layer ZDEV or SAP I get the error "transport layer SAP or ZDE V has an tranport layer with integration DEV".

Which one should I assign (create a new one, ZDEV or SAP) and where (consolidation, delivery)</b>

So I have decided to delete ZDEV and SAP.

The further questions:

You wrote: Add two more Transport route out of /B-DEV/. One towards DEV-200 and another towards PRD-100. (You will not need to define any Transport layer)

<b>How can this be done?</b>

E.g. it is not possible to create the transport route from /B-DEV/, but only to /B-DEV/.

<b>It means should I create transport route from PRD to /B-DEV/?</b>

And last but not least the general questions:

<b>From which client should all the TMS-steps be executed (I guess 000)

Which new transport routes, etc. should be created, deleted?</b>

Please help me in this issue or send me a detailed document with screen shots.

Thank you very much

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

I also have two system landscape as described by Axel. I followed the steps you mentioned and getting the same errors while trying to setup TMS as mentioned by Axel. Could you also send me the detailed steps at my email address sanjiv111@gmail.com.

Thanks You,

Sanjiv Garg

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this

http://www.sap-img.com/basis/how-to-do-the-tms-configuration.htm

Rewards point if helpful

Thnaks

Pankaj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Axel Henke, Really brilliant question.

First thing you need to be aware that, there is a large difference between having a seperate server for testing and a client in development server for Testing.

There is a factor need to be considered here is, if you have test server you can have your RND(Reserch and Development) work in that, if any unresolvable problem arises, it is not going to affect the other server in your landscap and you can re-install it. Datas will be safe in your development server.

If you have a client in the Developent server for testing, and if any inconsistencies arries, it is dirrectly going to affect the respective server where the client is. So there is no guarenty to your datas.

Then to my knowledge there is no way to configure this case (especialy transport routes between two Clients in the same system) via Tx. STMS?

And one thing, let me have an eye on this issue and work on it, if i get the solution surely i shall get you, and if you get the solution, just mail me through kgdineshbabu@gmai.com