cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error creating a database instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have had to restore our content server from backup. I'm trying to create a database instance with Maxdb 7.6 so that I can do a restore of the original database from a backup file. I get the folling error '-<i><b>4 database instance not found'</b></i> when trying to create an instance. This is my first time doing this.

Can someone please help

Thanks

Siobhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What did you restore? Just the database files or also the configuration?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus

Thanks for your help

We did a restore of the operating system and all of the drives with a thrd party backup software called legato. Then I reinstalled MAXDB. I thought that the next step would be to create the database instance and then try to restore the backup file of the database. Is that not correct? I get the error -4 database instance not found while trying to create the db instance.

Siobhan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know Legato Networker, we use it ourselves

So you want to restore you database from a backup or do you want to install from scratch?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus

Thanks again, much appreciated

We are trying to restore the database from database backup file. The problem is that we don't know how to configure MAXDB . I thought that the next step would be to create a database instance but I get an error when I do that.

Thanks

Siobhna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siobhan,

are you an SAP customer? If yes, you can read note 129352 -- the detailed procedure for instance copy is explained therein. Did you follow the procedure from this note?

What is the error during the creation of the instance? Can you post the knldiag file here?

Thanks,

Ashwath