cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Watch Alert doubts???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i need some strong clarifications, as i am configuring solman4.0 and moreover new to solution manager.

1.is it mandatory to have SAPOSS rfc dest for EWA reports( i mean can i can i have it later) , bcoz i am not able to see any EWA reports

2.I activated SDCCN both in satellite and Solution Manager syetm,shud i schedule any other jobs or tasks in solution manager or satelllite.pls let me know

3.wat are the activities shud i do in Transaction SDCCN in 1.Satellite system and in 2.Solution Mangager system

4. Shud i Schedule EWA manually in Satellite and Solution Manager

rgds,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Have you included the Logical component in the solution ?

If yes then what is the logical role of the system in the logical component ? If it is anything other than Production then you can right click to the system in the solution settings and just add it to the solution.

My Apologies about the auto session manager. I meant to say that the sessions should be ideally replicated to the satellite system automatically.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi amit ,

thanks for ur eeply dnt mind me asking few more doubts as i m new

to solution manager...

i have created a logical system and assigned ECC5 system to it in SMSY->System groups and logical components,nd included clients 100:development, 200:demo system, 300:evaluation system.

2.now in DSWP i created a solution and in solution landscape maintenance i inserted this logical component nd now let me know wat to do?

-

my few more doubts are:

i never defined or didnt find any option of defining my logical system as production, but wen see in DSWP->solution landscape maintenance , i find navigation role = Production System and

similarly in DSWP->solution landscape maintenance , leading role role of the solution = Production System

how are th eabove taken by system ,defaultly and is there any options toselect pls let me know

rgds,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Kindly follow the steps below :

1. Enter the Solution created via Transaction DSWP. Click on Operations Setup.

2. Click on Solution Landscape and subsequently on the Solution Landscape Maintenance.

You would find 2 tabs on the right side System Group and Solution Settings.

3. In the System Group add the logical component and then right click on the Systems other than Production and select "Put in Solution"

4. Navigate to the Solution Settings tab and click on Setup EWA. Selecdt the EWA active Flag for the systems which you need to generate the EWA.

You have successfully activated the EWA.

This is purely based on assumption that the RFC's are clearly generated in SMSY for the clients of the satellite system involved in the logical component.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

thanks i was not able to activate previously bcos i didnt select system nd click put in solution, i was asuming that when i add the logical com in any solution allthe systems in that logical shud get the flag option in solution settings..

and finally, y for a system assigned as production we dont do " put in solution" it automatically show in solution setting and we can select the flag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

That is how the system is designed. You need to explicitly add the Systems other than Production.

There is no other logical explaination that I can share with you at this point of time.

Regards

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Let me answer your questions point wise.

<u>1.is it mandatory to have SAPOSS rfc dest for EWA reports( i mean can i can i have it later) , bcoz i am not able to see any EWA reports</u>

No. it is not mandatory to have the SAPOSS destination working for generating EWA reports from the Solution Manager System for your Satellite Systems. However if you intend to get the EWA reports from SAP for your Production Systems then this is mandatory.

As a general recommendation it should be working at least for the Solution Manager system if not the Satellite system if you are using Solman for generating the reports.

For Questions 2 / 3 / 4 kindly follow the steps below :

1. Create the Systems in SMSY. Generate RFC's for the satellite system.

2. Include the Satellite system in an appropriate Logical component..

3. Create a Solution in Transaction DSWP and include the logical component into

this Solution.

4. In the Solution Settings Activate the EWA for the satellite System.

5. Schedule the Auto Session Manager on the satellite system to replicate the

session in the satellite system.

And this is sufficient enough to generate the EWA.

Hope that the above reply helps.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

thanks for ur reply,but i am still struck..when i click on EWA to activate it in solution settings i get a message in taskbar that " no system found in landscape"

and reg the step 5 from ur reply i didnt understand.i activated new SDCCN,so auto sess manager wil deactivated right???

rgds,

Rajesh