Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jdbc adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please explain me ,

when we use JDBC adapter to insert data into a database by an sql query.

how can we insert the data into the database directly,does'nt the database get corrupted.

Regards,

mvk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

If there is a need to insert the data in the database directly then better use the message protocol Native SQL String

Native SQL String

An arbitrary SQL statement is expected as the message content. This statement is transferred unaltered to the database for processing.

Depending on the message protocol you selected, the adapter expects special XML document formats in the message from the Integration Server or the PCK. For more information about the document formats <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm</a>

Database can't get corrupted as said earlier you cannot bypass the rules for inserting / updating data in database.

Cheers,

<b>*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF FOUND USEFULL*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>when we use JDBC adapter to insert data into a database by an sql query.</i>

We use JDBC adapter as a sender and as a receiver

we need receiver JDBC adapter to insert data into the data base .for eg if we have a file to JDBC scenario.

refer this blog for a better explanation

JDBC Receiver Adapter -- Synchronous Select – Step by Step

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

Mudit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we can use JDBC adapter at the Recivng side in two different protocols

one XML and other Native SQL

While inserting values in XML / Native SQL the Databases rules are always followed, i mean if on of the primary key is getting voilated then if u monitor the communication channel for the JDBC u wil get an exception saying wht error has been caused clearly mentioning primary key.

Rgds

Aditya

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

<i>how can we insert the data into the database directly,does'nt the database get corrupted.</i>

What do u mean my data corrupted? Could you please explain lil bit more.

Best regards,

raj.