cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question on credit limit. If a company has a customer with branches in different locations and these branches have different customer code. Each of them has their own credit limit granted. How do i group the credit limit of these branches and view as one? This is because although they have different branches, i still need to manage the overall credit limit of this customer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alex,

In FD32, you can change the credit account from the branch customer codes to the mother customer code, and then give proper credit limit to this mother customer code. Therefore, when you place order for each branch customer, the system will perform credit check upon the mother customer code, i.e. all the branch codes will have one credit limit.

Hope this helps you.

Do award points if you found them useful.

Regards,

Rakesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

TRY this out

SAP Documentation:

You can assign a credit limit to a group of customers. If a company has different branches, you would define the credit limit for just one customer in this group (the head office) and this customer account then becomes the credit account.

In order to assign a credit account to a branch account, Go to FD32.

Enter the name of your customer, the corresponding credit control area and select the Status indicator.

Choose the function Edit--> Change credit account. In the dialog box that appears, you can enter the credit account (the account number of the customer you are using) to set the credit limit for the entire group.

After you choose ENTER, the system contains the credit limit of the branch as 0.00. The Credit account field displays the account number of the customer for which the reference credit limit is defined.

The accumulating total of receivables is recorded both for the reference customer and the "dependent" customer. However, the system checks only against the reference customer as to whether the credit limit has been exceeded.

When displaying the credit account, you can view which customers are referenced to this account. To do this, from the credit account master data screen, choose Edit -> Cust. for credit acct.

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the Credit management check is done on the Payer. If the payer is the same then no issues. you can have a common payer for all.

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

u define the customers in the respective branches accordingly into credit management groups and assign it to the credit control area in

spro...fin acc...acc rec/acc.pay...credit mgt....credit control account...define groups ---

cheers

kiran